How well built are the New Silver Jubilees? Anyone seen the electronics? Reliable?

• Thread starter KenAdams
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Considering it's located in California and near next to no one has new stock in the states this ain't that bad of a deal. If you really want one of course.
They’re practically a dime a dozen in Europe and UK. That is why he said that. We get fucked here (in the US) on Marshall pricing. That’s why used is the way to go in North America.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Apologies for rubbing it in again , the 2555x is a great deal right now here in the UK if that’s your thing . Particularly considering the studio range isn’t much cheaper ( ST20h is £ 845 for example ) so the 2555x is fantastic bang for the buck , sorry pound . As I’ve said before if anyone wants one sending to them I will , if they send me a JEL 20 in return 🙂

Reactions: LCW

colchar

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2525C Silver Jubilee 1x12 combo and it’s a really nice sounding amp. Plus it’s portable. I would love to use it live. It’s new but I was wondering how well built these new models are? Would they be reliable enough to use for regular gigging 3 to 4 hour sets and practice for a few hours each week?

:facepalm:

colchar

Reaction score
Apologies for rubbing it in again , the 2555x is a great deal right now here in the UK if that’s your thing . Particularly considering the studio range isn’t much cheaper ( ST20h is £ 845 for example ) so the 2555x is fantastic bang for the buck , sorry pound . As I’ve said before if anyone wants one sending to them I will , if they send me a JEL 20 in return 🙂

I am in London right now and have half a mind to go to that big guitar store out in the East End somewhere, just to see if I can convince myself to buy a Marshall or an Orange to take home with me. Yeah I'd need a transformer or someone to swap it over for Canadian voltage, but if the savings on the amp were good enough then why not eh?

Edit - I just checked and the SV20H and SC20H (I already have an SC20H) can be had for the equivalent of $1234.77CDN. If I was to buy either of those in Canada they would cost $2149. That is one hell of a savings.

Last edited:

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
I am in London right now and have half a mind to go to that big guitar store out in the East End somewhere, just to see if I can convince myself to buy a Marshall or an Orange to take home with me. Yeah I'd need a transformer or someone to swap it over for Canadian voltage, but if the savings on the amp were good enough then why not eh?

Edit - I just checked and the SV20H and SC20H (I already have an SC20H) can be had for the equivalent of $1234.77CDN. If I was to buy either of those in Canada they would cost $2149. That is one hell of a savings.
Nothing to lose go for it , you can always sell it for a heathy profit if you want when you get home anyway.

giblesp

Reaction score
I can certainly say my 2525H is well built. I bought it used off reverb and if you would have seen how it was shipped you’d flip out. I’m amazed it wasn’t in pieces. But it’s a tank and sounds amazing!
I had a 2525H, for me personally it lacked low end so I got a JVM 205H instead. Wish I could have kept the 2525H as well though. Excellent build quality.

Reactions: LCW

niazmet

Reaction score
what do you think of the Jubilee 20 watts direct out? I assume it's after the power amp and it has not a circuit trying to emulate a speaker cab or it just a preout?

CrystalBearer

Reaction score
Particularly considering the studio range isn’t much cheaper ( ST20h is £ 845 for example )
In case I need a JTM ST20H (new not used), which reliable online store would you recommend ? No luck with Amazon UK.