Hum in every position except neck and middle - How can i fix it ?

• Thread starter narcsoul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
You are going to need to change the coils the full sized pickup coils auto split to.

neikeel

Reaction score
Try flipping the noiseless pup orientation N->S in the guitar.

junk notes

Reaction score
so finally i changed middle pickup with a noiseless fender hot and now i have hum in positions 4 and 5!! Any suggestions ??
okay very good by adding the Fender noiseless pickup all you need now to be noiseles in every position is a super switch. DiMarzio or Fender will do, and there are plenty of easy to follow HHH wiring diagrams. problem solved.

mark123

Reaction score
so is it better to put in the middle a noiseless single coil or a mini humbucker to achieve hum cancelling in all positions ?
No, I think there are some misconceptions on how humbuckers work. Adding a noiseless or mini humbucker will just add another two coils, making 3, and will still be out of balance in position 4 on the selector and non-hum canceling.

Also, it’s not the reverse polarity of the magnets, it’s the reverse wind of the second coil that cancels the hum. The reverse polarity of the magnets just makes the reverse coil signal additive instead of subtractive.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, each pickup is made by a different manufacturer.
They could all be using different wire colour codes.

Pickup wires.JPG