Iain From Nottingham, Uk

• Thread starter Sound Of A Gun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Iain and as the title says, I am from Robin Hood country in the UK. I have been playing guitar on and off for 20 years, in and out of bands since I was about 14. I used to play a Marshall 25/50 through a matching B cab in my band's early days (this was a loaner from my bass player at the time) and moved on to a JCM 2000 DSL 100 through a greenback loaded B cab, complemented by my 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard.

I sold my gear off when I moved to London, but after starting to teach myself music production, I started building the collection back up as amp sims just didn't do it for me. I had a Blackstar HT-5R, which worked for me for a while, but I became unsatisfied with the sound of it.

As of May this year, I am the proud owner of a DSL40C, which I play either through my V30 loaded 1x12, with the cab speaker as a 2x12 or just on it's own.

I found this forum due to the epic DSL40C thread and have read a large amount of the pages there before my amp arrived.

Here is where I am with my music:

And here's the DSL40C in action:

I look forward to meeting and chatting with people!

Iain

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
I listened to some....