IF YOU'RE GETTIN OLDER

• Thread starter dro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
And don't want the weight of a Les Paul but still want the tone. Look at these.
I think I just started a new collection.
CS-336 Wildwood
Custombuckers, 6.5ish lbs. and tone for days.
View attachment 157868
Nice! I just retired my LP for gigging and switched to SG, much easier on the back! Next switch will be to air guitar lol.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Or a thinner Modern Axcess LP.
Modern weight relief.

4N3sLzc.jpg

tAvhYNM.jpg

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Use a wide strap. A comfortable one that's stiff across its width to support the weight.

Hit the gym, get some exercise. I do, and I'm stronger than I've ever been before. Got a better physique, too.

Then a 10 pound Les Paul won't bother you at all.

No IF about it, we're all getting older. The only way to stop it is to die right now.

Nice looking guitars, anyway.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread title cracked me up. "If" you're getting older. :lol:

If you're like me with back and neck issues then what you need is a good stool! But, if I had to stand and play for some reason I would grab my thin body Melody Maker, it's the same specs as Gibson's new "lite" series. I've got my eye out for one when they start showing up used. I like this one a lot.

I’m not feeling that headstock matching the body color.

Last edited:

dro

Reaction score
how does a hollow body have the tone of an LP?
The body size is the same as an ES-339. Slightly larger than a Les Paul,

First, the back, sides, and narrow center block are all carved out of one piece of solid Mahogany. Think of carving a boat. Second, the top is carved out of solid Maple.

These are not plywood guitars, like an ES. Not glued and pressed.

The back is carved in an arched design.

Pickups on the standard model CS-336 are 57 Classics. I'm not a fan.

Pickups in the Wildwood models are under wound Custombuckers.

If you have any experience with these, you'll know.

The result is a lightweight guitar, with a blooming tone that scratches my itch.

They're beautiful too.

dro

Reaction score
Or a thinner Modern Axcess LP.
Modern weight relief.

4N3sLzc.jpg

tAvhYNM.jpg
AxcessBengal.jpg Yeah, I tried the Axcess Bengal Burst. Wasn't crazy about the feel, or the tone either one. Even tried changing the electronics. It couldn't match my Standard's or my 68 Custom.
jtm20.png I learned to like the Custombuckers after buying my custom. Eventually I changed out this Standard for Custombuckers with Bumblebee caps and matched CTS pots.

The 336's are working for me.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
The body size is the same as an ES-339. Slightly larger than a Les Paul,

First, the back, sides, and narrow center block are all carved out of one piece of solid Mahogany. Think of carving a boat. Second, the top is carved out of solid Maple.

These are not plywood guitars, like an ES. Not glued and pressed.

The back is carved in an arched design.

Pickups on the standard model CS-336 are 57 Classics. I'm not a fan.

Pickups in the Wildwood models are under wound Custombuckers.

If you have any experience with these, you'll know.

The result is a lightweight guitar, with a blooming tone that scratches my itch.

They're beautiful too.
I am sure it sounds great, just skeptical that anything with that much air sounds like a LP

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I am sure it sounds great, just skeptical that anything with that much air sounds like a LP
I'm not really sure what a Les Paul sounds like- to me they can produce lots of different tones but Uncle Tedly used those Byrdlands and they sounded huge- eg.

I went to look at a used Heritage H-535 just the other day. Didn't love the aging. Semi-hollow intrigues me though.
Congrats to OP- nice looking guitars.

Wildeman

Reaction score
I haven't weighed any of mine, but my EPI Trad Pro is substantially lighter feeling than my '93 Studio. That Trad Pro is really damn good, for a more budget friendly guitar.

Deftone

Reaction score
how does a hollow body have the tone of an LP?

I had an ES-137 Classic, sounded exactly like my LP's. It was even advertised as sounding like an LP but looking like a hollow body.

iu

The center section is solid. A true hollow body will have a trapeze tailpiece and a floating bridge, not a stop tail and a bridge that are screwed into the body. This ES-125 tdc is a true hollow body...

iu

cccc

Reaction score
I'm old but have zero issues with a Les Paul's weight . I actually prefer it because it feels substantial which I love .

People make it sound like you're carrying 40 pounds around your neck for God's sakes , grow a pair !!!

Latest posts