In Light Of The New Dsl...

• Thread starter Adrian R
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mk2 steve

Reaction score
You seem to have an incessant need to be right about everything you talk about to the extent that you try to push your views on other people which translates to a very narrow view of the World and a closed mind.

Ironic statement, considering you're doing just that in this thread, despite any real world experience with the amps in question. You're doing a good job of making yourself look like a fool, what with personal insults and random unwarranted pictures of your gear, not to mention babbling about car sales and going to the moon?

Anybody with half a brain will listen to the people with real hands on experience of something, if not, that's their choice.

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
bradley-header-447844.jpg

"I SHALL CALL HIM STEVEN, BUYER OF CHEAP AMPS" ... its important to have goals in life i guess.
If i find a Boogera for $50 bucks i'll hollar at you.

mk2 steve

Reaction score
If i find a Boogera for $50 bucks i'll hollar at you.

I guess you edited your post after I thanked you for that thoughtful honor you gave me. Not sure where the Bugera thing comes from as I've made no mention of those, I'll pass though thanks.

If you want to overspend on a DSL and a couple of beaten up old cabs to rock out in your apartment complex, that's cool. As they say, an idiot and his money are easily parted.

mk2 steve

Reaction score
ea72c0715e5964dd972db100e1d8084c.jpg

Gotta have cheap amps man ... thats the bottom line.

As opposed to what... owning some beat up, overpriced gear, that I can play for 2 minutes in a sketchy old apartment complex before the cops come to tell me to turn it down?

I guess wanting to spend my money carefully and share between other hobbies, while maintaining a good standard of living is just crazy talk.

cliffenstein

Reaction score
Charveldan,

You have good gear...that goes without question.

Do you at all find it reasonable that those of us who own and actively rehearse and gig with pre 2005 DSLs get a bit tired of people who don't own or gig with them advising others to steer clear when our own experience has been stellar?

Just so you know...I don't feel personally insulted when you or others do this. I just view it to be a genuine disservice to people looking for honest and experienced advice...no matter the intentions of the informed but inexperienced person giving said advice.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
If you want to overspend on a DSL and a couple of beaten up old cabs to rock out in your apartment complex, that's cool. .

As opposed to what... owning some beat up, overpriced gear, that I can play for 2 minutes in a sketchy old apartment complex before the cops come to tell me to turn it down?

:applause::applause::applause::lol::lol::lol:

Fucking savage. Take your foot off his neck, he's done.

cliffenstein

Reaction score
I never metioned your name once. IDK why you would take what i said personally ?

Pay attention, charveldan...I specifically said that I don't personally feel insulted when you and others without experience lead people to believe you DO have experience and then advise away from a possible great deal by ginning up unnessary fear of the amp having problems. As in, "how dare you insult me by putting down my gear?!" That stuff doesn't affect me, because I am a confident person. I then went on to say that I find it to be a disservice to people which is why I'm writing about the subject now on this board.

You are making it quite obvious that you have no desire whatsoever to honestly discuss any of this.

mk2 steve

Reaction score
4c1221de7a5a5269d0cd2ef20a712da4edf292b5d370879b24922a3e6120ca23.jpg

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A CHEAP DSL ... ???

OH WAIT THEY'RE CHEAP BRAND NEW I FORGOT ... I HEAR MARHSALL AMP STOCKS ARE CHEAPER THAN EVER ... BUY, BUY, BUY.

Throw in a new caps lock key while you're there Dan.

csand

Reaction score
Yea so uh, back to original poster here, if you're thinking of picking one up, since I just landed my 1923 I'll likely be selling a 2001 DSL 50 :D
- navy blue tolex, no rips looks f**king amazing
- professionally modded for footswitchable ultra gain channel (I used lead 2 as a boost, as it gives a slight dB increase and pushes the mids a bit), and pentode/triode switch (just like the new ones). This requires use of a 2-button footswitch in teh channel jack. Still need a seperate one for the reverb.
- recently had the FX loop repaired and a good once over.
- new JJ tubes (ecc83 and E34L) biased at a nice level by yours truly.
- thing has been well taken care of all its life

Just sayin' :p

Have a matching 1960A as well....

Can send pics

And, not to fuel the fire :p, but I had 0 problems with this thing over 10 years of regular use, aside from tube replacements. Only the the FX loop which got noisy this year and eventually stopped working. No bias drift AFAIK (I used to check religiously at each jam after reading all that on the internet)

Last edited:

csand

Reaction score
Bit of a long way being up in here in Canada :p

What's that old saying? "it's 420 somewhere" :run:

mk2 steve

Reaction score
According to this thread you can get $420 bucks for it @ Guitar Center.

You're still butthurt about looking like a fool in this thread?

Don't remember anyone saying that GC would give you $420 for your amp, you can however purchase them there for between $450 and $550 or so. Alternatively, you can visit a dingy old apartment building in a sketchy part of town and pay through the nose for the same thing.