Is Amp Archives Website Gone???

substatica

Reaction score
I see the site evolving for the better. Nice! :yesway:

I may have to to to donate :).

Can you get it to indicate the number of pictures too?

You're not the first to suggest that feature, I have considered it. I may have to go ahead and add that.

Update: I've added number of photos in each folder and number of documents in each folder to the listings. These numbers only show for leaf folders (amps) in the tree, as higher folders have no images or documents.

Last edited:

substatica

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of starting a featured amp series of posts for the front page which talk about the history or stories related to one of the amps in the archive, so if anyone has some good photos of an amp with an interesting/unique story let me know through the contact page on the site.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
Looking very good.

Out of interest, is there going to be any policing of the, lets say, "questionable" amplifiers being submitted? Leaving posts open to comments may lead to arguments about authenticity.

substatica

Reaction score
Looking very good.

Out of interest, is there going to be any policing of the, lets say, "questionable" amplifiers being submitted? Leaving posts open to comments may lead to arguments about authenticity.

Right now there is no set policy. I'm by no means an expert on the subject and therefore welcome input via the comments. The comment system is there for, hopefully, discussions rather than arguments regarding the amplifiers. If comments do not remain civil and constructive they will be removed.

If an amp has some sort of contention surrounding it, anyone viewing that amp will also see the comments and thus be informed of differing viewpoints, at which point it's up to them how much weight they want to give the information.

substatica

Reaction score
For those interested I've set up a Facebook group for Amp Archives as well as an Instagram feed. Currently I'm adding amps myself until the public submission form is ready, I'm posting the added amps to the Facebook group and the Instagram so if anyone notices anything incorrect (or debatable) about the data they can comment or whatnot. Hopefully help keep the archive accurate. Onwards and upwards!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/amparchives/

https://www.instagram.com/amparchives/