• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Is The Marshall Jcm 800 2203 A Good Amp For Ultra Distorted Death, Thrash And Black Metal Tones?

• Thread starter Benjamin isaacs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
So why not just order the amp online from a UK dealer and save the $$$??

Or will the shipping and tax end up being so high that it equals out??

$2000 for a brand new 2203x half stack. ...Wow! The head alone here is what $2500??

Its shipping cost that will kill you. If you go to the UK on travel, you can claim the tax back at Heathrow on return home. From my research yesterday, you have to pay tax to the US customs on value of item over $800. That is the first $800 is tax exempt. Im not 100% sure but from I read you will have to write a check to Uncle Sam for 3% of the amount over $800. That aint bad! So that ticket is, lug it home with you and deal with the 2-4 hours dealing with customs on both sides of the pond.

wakjob

Reaction score
Besides my Valvestate 8100,

A Turbo Rat clean boosting a 2205 was my favorite
for all things brutlz.

A stock DR900 isn't too shabby either.

rrguitar1

Reaction score
Its shipping cost that will kill you. If you go to the UK on travel, you can claim the tax back at Heathrow on return home. From my research yesterday, you have to pay tax to the US customs on value of item over $800. That is the first $800 is tax exempt. Im not 100% sure but from I read you will have to write a check to Uncle Sam for 3% of the amount over $800. That aint bad! So that ticket is, lug it home with you and deal with the 2-4 hours dealing with customs on both sides of the pond.

Good info, thanks! Yeah, I'd probably just pay for the convenience and drive 5 miles. lol

That is unless I ever decided to travel to the UK, if I did, I would most definitely deal with the waiting.