Jam Session Gone Bad

• Thread starter lespaul339
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
I'm invited to a jam tomorrow night. Got some friends to listen to a couple of songs - I don't do the regular stuff - and I'm looking forward to it except there's this guy who will almost certainly be there. He waits till I'm playing then he sidles onstage and just starts randomly noodling over everthing. Every solo space he's there, every gap in the singing, sometimes when there's not a gap in the singing. There's some etiquette to jams in my mind - first you wait to be invited up then you wait to be nodded in for your solo. This guy does neither. I can't tell if he's trying to impress me or annoy me but he's definitely achieving the latter. If he does it this time I think I'm just going to tell him to get the fuck off stage over the mic but of course then I'm the bad guy. 😡

PelliX

Reaction score
If he does it this time I think I'm just going to tell him to get the fuck off stage over the mic but of course then I'm the bad guy.

You need to work out a sign for you to make to signal the drummer to stop. Nod when it's time and everything will stop except for the clown. :yesway:

Last edited: