JCM 2000 DSL Pedal Question

• Thread starter luvvitlowd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

luvvitlowd

Reaction score
What's up, guys?

I'm new here. I'm supposed to be buying my first Marshall (a JCM 2000 DSL) tonight if all goes right. I'm 31 and have been wanting a Marshall since I was 12. Keeping my fingers crossed. My question is what type of footswitch can you use with a 2000 DSL? The online manual shows a single switch pedal but the advertisements show a double switch pedal. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! :fingersx:

satchfan

Reaction score
Hi there & welcome, you can have a footswitch for switching between gain & clean channels & a footswitch for switching the reverb on & off.

HTH Steve

Tim A

Reaction score
Hi there & welcome, you can have a footswitch for switching between gain & clean channels & a footswitch for switching the reverb on & off.

HTH Steve

I have the same amp and also want a different foot switch. The foot switch you're referring to is the PEDL009 right? Is this the only other Marshall foot switch that the DSL 100 head will take?
Tim

LoKi

Reaction score
You can use any standard footswitch for 1 of the above options *reverb or channel*.

Personally, I hated the reverb in the DSL 100 so i just turned if down really low anyway and used a single button footswitch for channel switching.

Publius

Reaction score
I hated DSL's reverb, I use other means to get reverb through the FX loop. So don't worry for the one or two switch foot switch take what ever is provided in the price. In the long run you'll end up with another reverb fx unit. But I tell you will enjoy the DSL cause its a great amp.

Spirit Dave

Reaction score
The DSL has two inputs at the back for footswitches.... one for channel and one for reverb. The ONLY thing that sucks about the DSL is that it had 4 channels ... well ... 2 ... but each splits into two modes... high and low ... and that adds gain. But you can't footswitch the modes.

Ah well :)

luvvitlowd

Reaction score
Yeah Publius, the reverb on this amp sucks and I don't even use it.

makotvjr

Reaction score
Yeah I just got a DSL sounds great, the reverb is OK on the clean channel, for just a little, but Im gonna use my Boss DD-20 Giga delay thru the back, great reverbs, delays, sampling and sound on sound. Amazing pedal!

poeman33

Reaction score
I think the DSL reverb sounds fine.

So do I. I have a board reverb/delay unit that I could put in the effects loop, but I really like the reverb the DSL has already and never hook it up. I don't use alot of verb, it's on 2, but it adds a nice vibe.

PRSCustom24

Reaction score
Hi there,
interesting, how this thread turned form a pedal question towards a reverb discussion...
Some guys told me they use revern mainly to hide their faults when playing. I found the reverb (even a small bit) tends to create a too thick and "foggy"sound, not clear and sharp enough for my ears. Any experience with that kind of use of reverb?
Cheers
Peter

TwinACStacks

Reaction score

kebek

Reaction score
the 2 channel footswitch is for DSL 401 or 201 only... the single channel is for DSL 50 or 100... if you take the 2 channel you can modify it to access reverb too... if needed i could explain to you how to do it...

Ken

Reaction score
The DSL reverb is fine. In the grand scheme of things, it's about 1% of the sound. I'm using my DSL now on demo recordings and I use the amp's reverb. In the final mix it's fine.

As for foot pedals, I reccommend an electronic one like the Boss FS 5L or something similar. It makes channel switching a little smoother. Who the heck needs a reverb foot pedal anyway???

Ken

tonefreak

Reaction score
The Boss FS-6 can be latching (stays on) or non-latching (tap), and it has 3 outs... 1 TRS out for both, and then single outs for each individually. Like Twin said, get a pedal like this, and a 1/4in TRS -1/4 Y splitter, and you're good to go. It does take a 9 volt, and runs through them like crazy, so go pick up a 1 Spot (or similar) 9v clip-9v plug adapter so you can plug it in.hu

as far as reverb goes, after having the reverb tank on my Blues Junior puke on me, and getting it fixed, and having it puke again, and not getting it fixed, and then getting my DSL 100, I like having the reverb. just adds some extra warmth. I can really feel the difference between no reverb and just a touch of reverb.

Latest posts