JCM 900 Advice--NEWBIE

• Thread starter uraceulose
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

uraceulose

Reaction score
Thank so much guys!! I appreciate all yout input...I decided to go with the JCM 900 50 watt!! I am pretty sure it wil fit perectly with the tone I am looking for...Now thinking about a pedal....maybe a Ibanez Tube Screamer...or pro co rat....definitley going to try and use no pedal first and let the amp's gain drive my lead playing!!! Glad to be apart of the marshall family now!!!! Peace and happy holidays!!-Roman

Cardiac Tom

Reaction score
I just joined this forum a few days ago so I missed out on this...

I have had a 900 4100 100W since 1991...The thing has been a workhorse for sure and I have never had any problems with it that was not my own fault...I have never played it in 50W mode...

I'm guessing your dig what you got...Congrats!!

For the record, I would have went for the 100...Better to have more and not need it than the other way around...:)

uraceulose

Reaction score
Yea...well the other factor about the 100 watter was it is 3 hours away and hasn't been really looked at...the 50 watter was completely serviced at the local store. I was also looking at a Sovtek Mig 50. Which the guy is willing to give me such a deal on it I might snag it.... Stoked about the jcm 900 and ready to start jamming. 1st practice and jam with it is tonight!!! I am pumped!!