*JCM DSL50 & JCM 900 SL-X 2500 ...........experiment today*

• Thread starter Neptical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

svinyard

Reaction score
Yessir! Nailed it.

I play a fair bit on a TSL122 JCM2000 (I'm sure it's similar to DSL JCM2000) that I don't own...so no purchase/ownership justification here. It's a buddies at his studio/our rehearsal space, and that thing is a freaking blast. I actually like the bit of fizz on its crunch channel with the gain turned up. On big moody power chords it fills in a lot. And on leads it adds some character (I like leads distorted at times and not just like really loud, clear acoustic-y clean leads). I'm not sure I'd be into tone chasing between and JCM 900 and JCM2000. But I've never played an SLX so mind that. Regardless that TSL122 is BADASS even with volume not cranked. Like I hit it with big chords sometimes and get the goosebumps with that heavy distortion...and the leads, it's good! Its easy to play for sure, straight in. Fwiw I like it ALOT more than a boosted SC20 for sure (I know, way different wattage, but pricing is similar to be in similar choice range). It's just got a LOT of "Ffffff yeaaah!!!!" in it to my non-expert ears. Those things are cheap too, it's just the reliability stuff.

Last edited:

What?

Reaction score
My tech said betwen 35-39mv. I don't know why Marshall says 45mv. I might email them.

If you get any response, please report back to the rest of us. I think I need to dig the oscilloscope out of the closet (hopefully it still works!) and give the oscilloscope method a good listen versus 70%. I don't get to put in much playing time these days, and along with that is not much tinkering time. Last time I gave a good listen to biasing I ended up at around 55% for the DSL 50. And I don't know why I went back to 70%. Just lack of time and laziness I guess.

Latest posts