• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

JCM2000 question.. 50 or 100 watt?

• Thread starter hand amputation
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hand amputation

Reaction score
I have this JCM2000, and on the back it says "100 watts" but on the front plate under the input it says "DSL50".

Could someone help me out here? Is it 50 or 100 watts?

Thanks and advance.

v9UtYfl.jpg

e6N8yS7.jpg

fRzrOOZ.jpg

dreyn77

Reaction score
2 power valves = 50 watts
4 power valves = 100 watts.

printing is just gonna display the 'mass production' faults.

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
Weird. sounds like either the factory used the wrong front plate, or someone replaced it at some point

FWIW, I had a DSL 50, it definitely said '50 Watts RMS' over the speaker outputs

Just out of interest, does the head have vents on the top? Because the 50s dont and the 100s do

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Good point. It is obviously 100 watt with 4 power fubes but it needs the vent in the top for heat. Just on the outside chance it was put in a different case.

Ken

Reaction score
Good point. It is obviously 100 watt with 4 power fubes but it needs the vent in the top for heat. Just on the outside chance it was put in a different case.

No, the chassis front and back is the same piece so unless someone did an amputation it's just another 'endearing' labeling error at the Marshall factory.

I'm curious if it has the vents...you really need them on a DSL 100 as it gets plenty hot even with them.

Ken

Latest posts