JCM600 212 Combo, No Overdrive Sound

• Thread starter Dega500
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dega500

Reaction score
When I switch (panel or footswitch) to the overdrive channel I get no sound. Clean works great with Green Light. Overdrive has no sound and the red light does come on.

Live with coverband I run my Digitech RP500 mep into the parallel effects loop and everything there works fine. I like to jam straight JCM600 sometimes and miss my overdrive channel.

Any tips or pointers on what I might look for inside? Could it simply be a pin or pins on one of the preamp tubes assigned to the OD channel? Relay? Power Supply?

Thanks,

Dega

duffhuff

Reaction score
Hi.

Is there absolutely no sound at all, regardless of whether the gain and volume pots are turned up or down?
How old are the pre-amp tubes? V1 is split between the clean and o/d channel, V2 is only used for o/d, so you might want to look at swapping those out.

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
Those models were prone to cold solder joints and component failure.
Have it looked over by a good tech.

Dega500

Reaction score
Hi.

Is there absolutely no sound at all, regardless of whether the gain and volume pots are turned up or down?
How old are the pre-amp tubes? V1 is split between the clean and o/d channel, V2 is only used for o/d, so you might want to look at swapping those out.

There is no sound at all regardless of pot adjustment. The pre-amp tubes (JJ's) are a couple of years old and probablt have less than 40 hours on them. Actually, by going straight into the parallel effects loop with my multi-effects pedal when we play live they have alot less than that.

I'll swap those around and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Dega

Dega500

Reaction score
I never updated this, sorry:

It was a bad preamp tube in V2.

Thanks for the advice.

Dega