JCM900 and Bugera 1990

• Thread starter Dman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trobdcso

Reaction score
Get a used dsl for around 600.00. You won't be disappointed.

trobdcso

Reaction score
marshall dsl head

Here's one for $450.

Wow. Those are getting really affordable. When comparing price, versatility, and quality Marshall sound, I'm not sure why every first time Marshall buyer don't get a dsl. I bought one because I loved the amps sound, not because it was priced well. That is a bonus.

Ken

Reaction score
Wow. Those are getting really affordable. When comparing price, versatility, and quality Marshall sound, I'm not sure why every first time Marshall buyer don't get a dsl. I bought one because I loved the amps sound, not because it was priced well. That is a bonus.

I started shopping for DSL's when they still were $700+. I said when I found one for $500 I'd spring for it, and that was 2-3 years ago. Today I wouldn't pay MORE than $500 even though most asking prices are higher.

Ken

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
Warning, be wary of early DSL's though, that can overheat which in turn can become a serious problem. If you do look at them, ask for the production year, any of the later models I think, were corrected of this problem. (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) :)

Rahlstin

Reaction score
Id rather have something with the Marshall name on it in my backline than the name Bugera. Even if it did happen to sound better....

ItsChrispyTv

Reaction score
Don't be to hasty, and 1990's fucking loud!!
I wouldn't say there like a 900 more like a 800 they have only 3 pre amp tubes so they don't have enough gain there, but on the other hand bugera make this. BUGERA 6262 - Thomann UK Cyberstore

Now there fucking awesome!! My friend owns one, its no marshall but damn it sounds close, and my god the gain on it is amazing, for a cheap amp they're amazing, and no need to worry about the rumours of the amps blowing up and that stuff, that was only on the older models, its all fixed now, i play through my friends one and it does sound like a 900 to my ears, but i hate hi gain stuff like that so hey ho its all the same.

GuitarRazze

Reaction score
C'mon guys, you canät say that this tone isnt an amazing thrash metal tone!!!:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeWzXMRaxq8]YouTube - ‪Bugera 1990 Demo‬‏[/ame]

dashizzler

Reaction score
Hey everyone, great posts. I've playing/trading/buying equipment for 20+years and one thing I have learned about is resale value. I bought a Bugera 1990 knowing that I would have to get work done to it. I had the tubes replaced and a slight issue with it switching channels and $600 dollars later I have a great sounding, loud tube driven amp. Does it sound like a 900? I don't think so. I've had a dual reverb and an sl-x(wish I never sold the sl-x) and to be honest, I like the way the Bugera sounds a little better than the 900, but my 900 was stock, different cab etc. So with that said, if and when I sell the Bugera, will I sell it for anywhere near what I've invested in it? Probably not...A Marshall always sell fast, even 900's. Some things to think about when making purchases. I've learned the hard way, buying cheaper, middle of the road guitars and cheap amps and cabs. It's never what you want and it's hard to sell. I like the Bugera but I think I would've rather bought an 800 or a NMV and had it modded to get more gain, less bright etc. I'm still learning so much from these forms and what I've learned from my own experience is that impatience is my worst enemy. Just something to think about. I know with limited funds the $400 Bugera is a very tempting offer, but just give it some thought. Thanks guys.