• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

JMP-1 is available again

• Thread starter DenverRob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score
No, Darth that's not amazing. It's amusing. What IS amazing is the thought process that someone will buy one, reverse-engineer the unit, totally replicate it, then either sell it out of a garage workshop for pennies on the dollar instead of the botique prices such people usually require for their time, OR that some company who actually CAN produce such low cost units would flat out steal a design within a year of release spend tens or hundreds of thousands for the components, tooling, and other necessary production prep, and then market it without a second thought about legal consequences.

poeman33

Reaction score
I like the JTM1 head a little better. A little cleaner tone than the JMP1 that sounds so sweet with a Strat. I thought I was safe and it would be sold...but the bastards got more of these in...offered me $40 off on the spot to... I think it's a conspiracy with my wife...I'll buy one of these and she'll buy something ten times more expensive to "even" things out...

Tails

Reaction score
And here I clicked this thread hoping marshall released the JMP-1 preamp... oh well.

X2203xman

Reaction score
I think it sounds good.I like the collector aspect.I like the look,and size.I love the all around cool factor.But,it is just too damn pricey.I think Marshall could bring the price down,and sell more,and still come out ahead.Marshall,please make them a bit less expensive,I'd buy it!

Badmonkey

Reaction score
There is a possibility to increase the watts of the JMP1h To perform with him?

V-man

Reaction score
Yes. Any head/cab setup or combo

V-man

Reaction score
Look up "Slave Amp" or "Slaving an Amp" for a more detailed description of the process.

Badmonkey

Reaction score
Look up "Slave Amp" or "Slaving an Amp" for a more detailed description of the process.

great tnx

Last Question
after i do
Guitar-> Instrument Cable->JMP set at 0.1w ->Instrumemt Cable->Slave Amp->Speaker Cable->Speaker Cabinet

What do I need to adjust in the tweaker head?

V-man

Reaction score
Set the tweaker EQ to noon and set the gain low or off, then use the Tweaker volume and the JMP settings to dial gain and EQ. From there you can fine tune the sound.

V-man

Reaction score
You can put FX between the JMP 1 set at 0.1W and your slave amp. Same principle as an FX loop, and another great feature.

Badmonkey

Reaction score
So how to connect the JMP to my FX loop in my tweaker?
i see he only have output to Speakers 8 and 16 from the back

dash8311

Reaction score
Love my JMP1H. SourMash 2x12 w/ G12H and V30. Two line-outs from my wireless to the 1 watter and 2203 w/ 4, G12-65 and the sound is huge. Living room rockstar...

Doc Loco

Reaction score
So how to connect the JMP to my FX loop in my tweaker?
i see he only have output to Speakers 8 and 16 from the back

Your JMP in 0,1W mode - you run a guitar cable from any of the speaker outs (doesn't matter which one) to the "effect return" of your Tweaker - done.
Maybe you'll still have to attenuate the JMP1 output (depend if your loop is line or pedal level) - I use a simple volume pedal for that.