JTM45 vs SV20?

• Thread starter Gene Ballzz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Yeah, unless we can find a suitable singer, I may need to say goodbye to live performances, as my voice can currently only handle two medium sets (18-20 songs) and my left shoulder is getting really bad! I so want to experiment with and expand my tonal explorations, but may need to just be satisfied with my SV20H! Being a lifelong performer is tough to say goodbye to, but "c'est la vie" and its been a great run! Making most of my life's living as a performer (interspersed with some sound engineer touring) has pretty much defined who I am and I'm sad to see it go! Hey, at least in the last several years I've expanded from being a strictly humbucker Les Paul style kinda guy, to the glorious world of single coil Strats, with wiggle sticks! The SV20 and single coil Strat is truly a match made in heaven! I'd just love to find out if a really great JTM45 can take it that extra notch over the top! The Les Pauls still have their place/use, here & there, but a great Strat is an amazing tool. Having the right amp is critical though!

Heck, with my shoulder issue, I can barely even do any work on my Hot Rods! At least I can still drive my stick shift '68 Mustang!

Simply Thankin'
Gene
Buddy, just buy a used JTM45 from Guitar Center, you got 45 days to drive down the road and return it. I've done it several times, no questions asked, theyre just happy to have you in their store! Dont give up the dream, you only live once! :yesway:

Simply Livin"
Paul

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Buddy, just buy a used JTM45 from Guitar Center, you got 45 days to drive down the road and return it. I've done it several times, no questions asked, theyre just happy to have you in their store! Dont give up the dream, you only live once! :yesway:

Simply Livin"
Paul

I hear ya! I keep an eye out daily for one (either used or new) to show up at either of my two local stores. With GC's current policy, if I get it used, from a different store and return it, they bang me for the shipping to my store! New is still on backorder!
I've Been Tryin'
Gene

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I hear ya! I keep an eye out daily for one (either used or new) to show up at either of my two local stores. With GC's current policy, if I get it used, from a different store and return it, they bang me for the shipping to my store! New is still on backorder!
I've Been Tryin'
Gene
The shipping cost is your rental fee bro! You gotta give them something for their trouble lol

Dont wait time is ticking, we are only on this earth for so long...

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
The shipping cost is your rental fee bro! You gotta give them something for their trouble lol

Dont wait time is ticking, we are only on this earth for so long...

Yeah, I'm OK with the "rental fee" but in the last couple months, not a single one has showed up, new or used, in the GC/MF system. Sweetwater hasn't had any either!
I AM lookin'
Gene

Latest posts