Jubilee or Plexi

• Thread starter Copoz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dreyn77

Reaction score
I've got a new better activity than reading 3 letter idiot response in the MF! They know your stupid that why the just take your money and give you a box with no instruction. I didn't say that THEY DID! so go grab them! oh that's right, they're ready and prepared for you to use force!

Like I said I've found a better place to hangout! At the 24hour sloppy burger robbery venue where I listen to lonely single women who have their arse on the table and their feet on the seats while talking to there dad on the mobile telling him how they got punched by other people and their friends are being sick over by the tree in the sidewalk and another mate is being carted off in the ambulance and 20 people are smoking all down the street oblivious to the toxic stench they exhale for the rest of us to breathe.
So maybe you should pop on over to the eastern MarshallForum and give you 3 letters a go over there. ;)
Mate they have 16 million in one city, why you wasting your time here?

FutureProf88

Reaction score
Check out Granger Amps. He builds great Marshall clones that are PTP wired for less than a pcb Marhall reissue. I have two of his amps: an M100 and a JTM45/100 clone. The M100 is a late '68 clone patterned after EVH's Plexi. Check out his YouTube video. It will easily do GnR and Van Halen in stock form and Curt will built in gain mods for you if you would like. He also builds 50 watt versions and a PPIMV (very nice sounding master volume) is included on all of his amps. For an up charge he will power scale the amps too.

He also has a 20 watt that has a variable gain structure and will do 60's, 70's and 80's era sounds.

Copoz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Copoz,

I will ask what no one else is.....

Where are you going to play?

Do you play in a gigging band?

Do you use a pedal board?

If you answer these questions.....It would be easier to guide you too.....

That sound in YOUR head!

Thanks. I play at home or practice with friends, bit a gigging band, in a building on a farm. Closest neighbours are a mile away.

My pedal board is an over drive pedal and a reverb pedal. Previously I played Boogies. MK 4 MK 5 practice amp was a Rocket til I got the MK V I could dial down the wattage on. Needed a new sound. Sold that setup and now just have use of a Line 6 20 watt til I replace.

I have read almost every thread here. I really want Marshall again. May just go JCM 900 again as I did like that before I went Boogie. But again, lots of choices. Not opposed to antennuator if it means buying a 100 watt of any mod and being able to get the most out of it. Would like to avoid all pedals if I can but the reverb may have to stay depending on model.

Right now the VM, DSL, JVM are in consideration. Gain is important and if I can't get that from a Plexi I will X it off the list

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Man I just picked up a 1987 2553 Silver Jubilee 50/25 Watt Head to my door for $1050, it sounds flipping amazing! It has the tone I have been searching for, truly epic. I would highly recommend this amp however it appears I pretty much stole mine, the prices on 1987 Silver Jubilees are waaaaay out of line!

Yep, you stole that one. I've owned 2 Jubes that I paid right around $1k for. The only reason I sold either one was because I was offered stupid money for them. I will own another one day though.

Copoz

Reaction score
Man I just picked up a 1987 2553 Silver Jubilee 50/25 Watt Head to my door for $1050, it sounds flipping amazing! It has the tone I have been searching for, truly epic. I would highly recommend this amp however it appears I pretty much stole mine, the prices on 1987 Silver Jubilees are waaaaay out of line!

Here is what I could find out there...

Marshall JCM 2555 Slash Signature

MARSHALL Jubilee 25th Anniversary 50 Watt Combo Amplifier Model 2558

Rare Amp - 1987 Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee Head and Matching 4x12

Marshall Silver Jubilee 25/50 Head

Marshall Silver Jubilee 25/50 Head

Hey. Thanks for this! Congrats on your purchase want to make a quick $100? I'll buy it off ya for $1,150!! lol

peterichardz

Reaction score
Thanks. I play at home or practice with friends, bit a gigging band, in a building on a farm. Closest neighbours are a mile away.

My pedal board is an over drive pedal and a reverb pedal. Previously I played Boogies. MK 4 MK 5 practice amp was a Rocket til I got the MK V I could dial down the wattage on. Needed a new sound. Sold that setup and now just have use of a Line 6 20 watt til I replace.

I have read almost every thread here. I really want Marshall again. May just go JCM 900 again as I did like that before I went Boogie. But again, lots of choices. Not opposed to antennuator if it means buying a 100 watt of any mod and being able to get the most out of it. Would like to avoid all pedals if I can but the reverb may have to stay depending on model.

Right now the VM, DSL, JVM are in consideration. Gain is important and if I can't get that from a Plexi I will X it off the list

Ok....Forget the Plexi!!!!!!

To do what you are doing I would get a 50 watt DSL head! They are priced reasonable, have good crunch tones & with the OD pedal will get into metal territory, and the clean channel takes pedals well!

This is my humble opinion!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Copoz, gaging from your response to every question in this thread, I'm gonna have to say the answer to your search is a JVM. Take a look at the models and decide if you need 50 or 100 watt, 2 or 4 channels (each channel has 3 modes!). Once you decide what you need go try one. The JVM biggest selling points IMO are: sounds great at low and high volume, has a ton of tones, independent EQs, memory to save the tones you dial in, great reverb, fx loop, and a ton of other features.

Copoz

Reaction score
Hey. Thanks to all. Based on last 2 replies suggesting DSL or JVM I think I have to plan a road trip to the city and try both. I think 50 watts is all I will need. The JVM looks intriguing not sure I need 4 channels but thought the same thing when I bought the 3 channel / 9 mode Mark V. Found something to live in almost every mode. I Also located a guy selling a Jubilee 2553 25/50 head which is advertised as mint but no pics. He's about 2 hours out of the way and once I get pics may add that stop to the trip.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
When it comes to either 50 or 100 watts decide what might be best for you. 100 watts provides more clean/headroom. 50 watts will return more compression/overdrive when pushed.

Of course get what you like best that is available for most goodest value. :D

dreyn77

Reaction score
have you seen the new marshall head with tremelo?
grab one of those!

Copoz

Reaction score
Little road trip today. They didn't have a big Marshall selection but did have a 410h. Crazy. Having just sold a Boogie Mark V the multiple choice of options wasn't a show stopper. Would have liked to have seen a 205 or 210 but non in stock. Tried to get me interested in an Engl Invader but not my thing.

I tried a DSL 40 combo and liked the simplicity of it. But that JVM 410h really has me thinking. Great tone at all volumes. Played with it for about 45 minutes. In addition they had a big sale on the weekend and they are offering it to me at 10% off if I buy before Friday.

Still thinking of checking out the used Jubilee. But for the same money I am getting brand new. I'm closer but still undecided.

growboxguy

Reaction score
Little road trip today. They didn't have a big Marshall selection but did have a 410h. Crazy. Having just sold a Boogie Mark V the multiple choice of options wasn't a show stopper. Would have liked to have seen a 205 or 210 but non in stock. Tried to get me interested in an Engl Invader but not my thing.

I tried a DSL 40 combo and liked the simplicity of it. But that JVM 410h really has me thinking. Great tone at all volumes. Played with it for about 45 minutes. In addition they had a big sale on the weekend and they are offering it to me at 10% off if I buy before Friday.

Still thinking of checking out the used Jubilee. But for the same money I am getting brand new. I'm closer but still undecided.

I would say Jubilee for sure, I just went down pretty much the same road you are on. I went from a JCM2000 TSL 100, to a TSL 60, to a JVM 210H and now have finally settled on the Jubilee. By far it is the best dirty tone and the clean is pretty good too. On top of it value will go up with a Jubilee and will do the total opposite on a JVM.

Just my two cents, good luck!

Copoz

Reaction score
I would say Jubilee for sure, I just went down pretty much the same road you are on. I went from a JCM2000 TSL 100, to a TSL 60, to a JVM 210H and now have finally settled on the Jubilee. By far it is the best dirty tone and the clean is pretty good too. On top of it value will go up with a Jubilee and will do the total opposite on a JVM.

Just my two cents, good luck!

The Jubilee I wanted has sold! Argggghhhh. They are rare birds in Canada. So if I buy one from USA even a steal at say $2200US is $2400CDN then add shipping, duty, taxes and that would put it at about $2600CDN.

Now the 410h is back on my mind.

growboxguy

Reaction score
The Jubilee I wanted has sold! Argggghhhh. They are rare birds in Canada. So if I buy one from USA even a steal at say $2200US is $2400CDN then add shipping, duty, taxes and that would put it at about $2600CDN.

Now the 410h is back on my mind.

Patience my friend, that is the key. Take your time and wait for the right Jubilee to pop up, it will be worth it.:thumb:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
what you say you want a plexi is the way to go (or a 59 bassman).

that said, the DSL will get you in the ballpark and give you more options. so it's up to you. i tend to play the field guitarwise so i go for high gain amps that can get vintage tones to one degree or another like the DSL. but a plexi is a beast that really isn't fully duplicated anywhere else imho.

Aroach

Reaction score
Looks like I may not have to be patient after all. A guy posted a mint 2550 Jubilee on a local site yesterday. Ten minutes from a friend who went and checked it out. I spoke with the seller and it's mine if I want it. Basically for a little less than a new (discounted) jvm410h. Seeing that the Jubilee is what I originally posted about think I will grab it. If in the end it doesn't work out I know I can recoup my investment and then go for a JVM.

growboxguy

Reaction score
Looks like I may not have to be patient after all. A guy posted a mint 2550 Jubilee on a local site yesterday. Ten minutes from a friend who went and checked it out. I spoke with the seller and it's mine if I want it. Basically for a little less than a new (discounted) jvm410h. Seeing that the Jubilee is what I originally posted about think I will grab it. If in the end it doesn't work out I know I can recoup my investment and then go for a JVM.

Awesome! What do you have for a cab? The Jubilee prefers Vintage 30's, it is voiced special for them.

Also it may be worth having a tech check it over and bias/install fresh tubes.

Post pics when you get it please...:shred: