just curious...

• Thread starter kebek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Select your dream guitar... cash no object

• Fender Custom Shop

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Gibson LesPaul Custom

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • PRS High end

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Other Please specify

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters

chadd

Reaction score
I've played a friends two R8's many times. To be honest I still like my traditional better :ugh:

I have a 76 and a couple traditional pros, my black traditional pro gets most of the playing time. I played a ton of les pauls before buying them, there were a lot of "duds", just like any other mass produced musical instrument.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
Fourtunately ive already made it :D

anitoli-albums-pics-picture8111-img-2082.jpg

Nice Quilt Anitoli!! Is that a flame maple neck?? Very nice.

dreyn77

Reaction score
A guitar that I've made with no faults in it.
A Les Paul crossed with a flamenco guitar.

OR,

Blackbeard's pirate guitar.
Dark wood grain with planks and wooden rivits with carved rope edging and a small anchour as the tail piece.
It also makes 'creeking' noises at the flick of a switch.
Being the 'Blackbeard signature model' smoke has to come out of the neck.
Maybe the knobs can be blobs of real gold nuggets.
the pickups could be shaped like skulls.

......One Day.......

All4Tone

Reaction score
Les Paul Alex Lifeson. I have a 1972 Les Paul Deluxe, so none of the newer ones wowed me, except the Lifeson one. Got several Strats, Teles and a pile of other guitars, but I want that damn Lifeson LP!

Hollowbody

Reaction score
I got mine. I voted for PRS high end.

But I still love the Strats and Pauls.

Me. Don't make fun of the orange pants, it was a Holloween gig and I refused to wear a costume so I wore pumkin pants, guess that would still classify as a costume ha ha.

Ok... laugh.

f7a1161516a046fd5594e0a4a6c397b5.jpg

b03eaeb5a21e603878fa8a3566cd5f58.jpg

BobPeabody67

Reaction score
Me. Don't make fun of the orange pants, it was a Holloween gig and I refused to wear a costume so I wore pumkin pants, guess that would still classify as a costume ha ha.

f7a1161516a046fd5594e0a4a6c397b5.jpg

I wear orange pants because I want to.:lol:

^My baby.^ Just for another guitar, I'd get the samething but with a neck pickup (EMG85), a 3 way Les Paul type switch next the volume, a killswitch up on the horn next to the strap button (Like the Jackson Scott Ian dual humbucker guitars), and a extra long tuner for the low E string to hold a slide much better. Maybe a little longer scale to stay in a wholestep down easier. I'd also try to find a way to make a "Opti-Grab" (Nikki Sixx pinky handle thing next to bridge) work with the Floyd without looking über dumb, but also be comfortable and in the right position. I'd get the same EXACT finish airbrushed. After all... Money is no object here.:lol:

Soulforger

Reaction score
I'm not even a Lamb of God fan, but Mark Morton created a modern classic with the Dominion, and my Japan built ones are phenomenal. They're perfect for me in every way but...I do like a whammy from time to time, so I'd have the Jackson Custom Shop build me one with a Floyd Rose and a crazy deep purple quilt. Off the shelf? A Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul would be divine!

slide222

Reaction score
Floyd rose on a single coil strat -jumbo frets -that's it - single coils always my fav -love the texas specials - and just don't believe anything can touch a well set up Floyd rose

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how do the 8 and 9 neck shapes compare to the traditional's 50's style? I picked Les Paul custom because I assumed it'd be a custom order, not just the regular custom/black beauty style.

The best way I can describe it is that all three are great. I'm not as particular as many people are about neck shapes, and I generally like anything but those Wolfgang "broomsticks" or Ibanez Wizard "rulers", as I call them. I don't like flat fingerboard radii. I don't like small frets. Actually, maybe I am particular. :D

Anyway, the 58 is by far the biggest. It's a very comfortable large C-shape with rounded shoulders. The 59 has a smaller C with narrower shoulders particularly in the lower range - in fact, some of this year's 59's feel like a very slight V down at the lower range. The Traditional is what most players would consider a modern take on the 59 - a C shape, but with rounded shoulders.

I like them all, and they're all larger than Gibson's "regular/modern" neck profiles. I don't care for the 60's shape & size (too small, causes hand cramps). My Gibson Hummingbird is more like a 60s shape, I wouldn't want that any smaller, and it's quite a difference going from myLes Pauls to the Hummingbird.