Just picked up a 1966 stack, got a question

• Thread starter acidvoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
The cabs are in great condition but the speakers have been replaced with scumbacks. Can someone verify that each cab is wired for a 8ohm load? They both have one 8ohm M55 and one 8ohm M75 wired like this:

Attachments

• photo-.jpg
    photo-.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 19
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19

Speeddemon

Reaction score
The cabs are in great condition but the speakers have been replaced with scumbacks. Can someone verify that each cab is wired for a 8ohm load? They both have one 8ohm M55 and one 8ohm M75 wired like this:
Then it's impossible for them to have a total output of 8 Ohm per cab.
Either 4 Ohm (parallel) or 16 Ohm (serial) wiring internally.
By the way, did you get that set off Ebay (I posted a link for a full stack some days ago)? They look very clean! :hbang::yesway:

(I'm extra headbanging as I'm listening to Clammy playin' [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME4PuixxVc4"]Violence and Force in Kerkrade, NL (16-09-2010)[/ame] full blast!) :hbang::shred:

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
When I first saw them in person I though they were wired for 16ohms but the owner said each cab is 8ohms? I don't have a ton of experience with speaker wiring so I figured I'd ask.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
From that pic, each 2x12 cab has them wired in a series. So 2x8 ohm speakers equals 16 ohms for each cab. Then 2 cabs in parallel equal 8 ohms total for both cabs together.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
Best thing is to get out your multimeter and check. A 16 ohm cab would read around 13-14 ohms on a meter.