• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

JVM410H vs. JCM2000

• Thread starter hand amputation
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am honestly leaning towards the JCM2000 DSL.

My main 'sounds' are kinda 90's and grungy, so there's that.

Plus, one thing that turned me off about the Triple Rec was all the knobs, and the JVM has even MORE.

JVM, no questions asked. Here is why. The JVM will do everything the DSL will do and then walk all over it. All of the knobs? Independent EQ for each channel, the DSL shares EQ for both clean and OD, the JVM lets you dial in 4 completely different sounds. 3 modes per channel also means you can dial in ANY sound you want. There is no other amp that will do what the JVM does. I had a 2000, sold it, cheap.. JVM, I will never let go of. In addition to that, the JVM generally goes for $1300ish, the DSL? about $500. The footswitch is also amazing, completely programable so that any button can do any function on the amp, you can set it exactly like you want.

Seriously, JVM, you CANNOT do any better than that.

dreyn77

Reaction score
the difference IS, georgiatec sold the JVM and kept the DSL.

IF you don't know what that is then there's some LIFE EXPERIENCE you're missing. :)
words are used to describe what people have seen or done in life. it's life experience described in easy to understand words.

If you just read the words and never have the experience, you'll quickly forget what the words represent.

you won't get a life experience by just reading words. or by just asking questions a listening to the answer.

I give you the words but you're not able to input the life experience into the brain.

the pre 2000 sound is a sound which is like a traditional 1970's type of rock sound from a marshall and gibson type products.
you can have that sound, sound like it's being played in the studio or at a venue during a live show.
WITH the option to use 2 types of sounds as SOLO sounds during the performance.

If you want the next gen sound from the 1970's 'traditional' sound. then you MUST buy the JVM.
MOST players aren't familiar with THAT PARTICULAR sound.
it's there, but they DON'T know what it is, cause they don't have enough life experience dealing with traditional sounds.

you NEED to FORGET this idea you have of a 90's sound.
it doesn't exist as far as marshall is concerned.
that's a CELEBRITIES type of sound and it belongs with signature gear.

the JVM isn't what you're after and NEITHER is the dsl amp.
I said to you before to keep the mesa and learn some more things before you spend or loose.

the JVM is a slight twist on the traditional 1970's type marshall & gibson sound.
think in terms of a slightly hotter ThinLizzy sound.
a more advanced crunchy sound with some features for soloing.
with the option to make the sound sound like its studio THIN LIZZY or live THIN LIZZY.

YOU, NEED, signature gear.

end of story, game over!

Latest posts