Karate

• Thread starter 30watt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

30watt

Reaction score
Anyone else on here train or teach? I've trained for many years, and teach a small class for a much larger school based interstate. Pure Okinawan karate with no frills, and elements of what people call judo in it.

Anyone?

nikola

Reaction score
Used to train Kyokushin for about a year and a half. Enjoyed it somewhat and I am now looking for another martial art to train in.

Considering either wingchun or boxing.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
ME! I came up in the Chuck Norris super system, which is a mix of all kinds of things, mostly Tang Soo Do but with Judo, Aikido, BJJ all mixed in there, I was an instructor for a time. Now I'm studying Shorin-Ryu and helping teach classes in that. I'm so out of shape though from my hip injury I'm just playing catch up right now.

EndGame00

Reaction score
FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) practitioner here, my specialty is Pekiti Tirsia (either empty hands or bladed arts), and also trained as a boxer....my training actually saved me from getting mugged by a pair of street thugs... I really encourage everyone to cross-train with other discipline.... Several Krav Maga guys I know enroll to FMA classes to expand their knowledge especially how to deal with bladed and blunt weapons.

JimiRules

Reaction score
I did Shotokan for a couple years. I'd like to start back up again some day. I miss it.

30watt

Reaction score
My "new" school is more or less Shorin Ryu. Pinan (Heian) kata plus Rohai are the main forms that we practise, although I'm messing around with NiSeishi applications at the moment.

We also teach some kobudo (weapons) but I limit myself to basic Bo work, I'm not skilled in tonfa or sai.

krudler

Reaction score
I've been going an Isshinryu dojo for about 3 yrs now (minus slight hiatus of 5 months for shoulder surgery). Also they do kobudo, and like others I just occasionally do some bo training, no crazier weapons (nunchaku, sai, turtle shields, oars, etc) yet.
It is a wonderful dojo and our sensei is truly awesome (seichi dan), as is his wife (go dan), who, it being a small town, actually sits in a cubicle on the other side of me, so i get free training at work all the time. which is good because I forget stuff alot.

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I studied Tae Kwon Do when I was a kid, and belonged to a club in college. I really haven't done anything with it for 30 years, except one time I was on a date (before I got married) and the door to the women's room got stuck. She started freaking out, and I wound up kicking the door open, and got a standing ovation from the other patrons of the restaurant. Turned out to be a very interesting first date.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I had this little discussion with a fellow MA practitioner whether Dan Inosanto should get more credit than Bruce Lee with JKD... After all, Inosanto introduced FMA (particularly the empty hands technique of Eskrima) to Bruce while JKD was in developmental stage...Rumor has it the only time Bruce Lee was beaten in an arena in Hong Kong when he faced an Eskrimador in an empty hand combat... Bruce Lee's wife noticed he came home depressed right after the match, but unaware what had happened (Bruce didn't say why). From then on he began incorporating arts from different disciplines to JKD. He was fascinated by the stick-fighting/weapons aspect of the FMA. He unfortunately died before he began learning the advanced stick fighting lessons.....

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Here I am.

goku-goku-27327829-660-970.jpg