• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Keeping guitar in hotel room

• Thread starter EL 34
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PelliX

Reaction score
Get some ridiculous decals, pop them on the good guitar so that they look like stickers. Put your polished, shiny Esteban $20 next to it.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Squier and Mini Katana, 200 bux worth of shit i can handle losing (I'd still be pissed). And put the don't disturb out when not there.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I don't feel comfortable keeping a nice guitar in a hotel room for multiple nights. I'd rather bring a cheap one and keep it out of clear view when I'm not in the room.

The cleaners tend to keep the door wide open when cleaning the room while people walk by.

Discuss

I would never do that either! I'm not sure what I would do IF I ever had to bring a guitar to a hotel room. Maybe get insurance on it, ask the front desk to lock it up/keep an eye on it. I would buy an old beater for cheap money also. Its a tough situation no matter what!

don550

Reaction score
I never leave any of my prized equipment unattended .. on road gigs if I’m leaving the room my guitar goes with me.. Sometimes it’s been inconvenient but it would be more incredibly inconvenient to have to get a replacement guitar before a gig. I have never been told “Hey you can bring that in here” even in a restaurant.. On the occasions that I can had to leave my guitar in the hotel I simply go to the front desk and ask them to lock it up. and never had the Hotel Staff refuse to accommodate me ie.. it won’t fit in a room safe and I inform the hotel staff that I’m only going to be away a short amount of time.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I never leave any of my prized equipment unattended .. on road gigs if I’m leaving the room my guitar goes with me.. Sometimes it’s been inconvenient but it would be more incredibly inconvenient to have to get a replacement guitar before a gig. I have never been told “Hey you can bring that in here” even in a restaurant.. On the occasions that I can had to leave my guitar in the hotel I simply go to the front desk and ask them to lock it up. and never had the Hotel Staff refuse to accommodate me ie.. it won’t fit in a room safe and I inform the hotel staff that I’m only going to be away a short amount of time.
you only take 1 guitar to a gig?

don550

Reaction score
you only take 1 guitar to a gig?
No I usually take a Les Paul and Strat or a Tele and Les Paul.... I put them in a MONO M80 Dual Guitar Gig Bag and while it's a pain to lug around it's well worth my peace of mind that I can ask the hotel to lock them up and not worry about the cleaning crew taking off with my guitars....... Just be my luck I'd come walking up to the hotel if I left them in the room and some Scooter Bandit would come whizzing by me with my guitar bag..

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
No I usually take a Les Paul and Strat or a Tele and Les Paul.... I put them in a MONO M80 Dual Guitar Gig Bag and while it's a pain to lug around it's well worth my peace of mind that I can ask the hotel to lock them up and not worry about the cleaning crew taking off with my guitars....... Just be my luck I'd come walking up to the hotel if I left them in the room and some Scooter Bandit would come whizzing by me with my guitar bag..

throat bunch.