Local Add And Scores!!!!

• Thread starter Hutch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hutch

Reaction score
Was just poking around the local add around town and noticed a add selling everything. Well I had to look and there was a JCM2000 DSL 50W and a 1960A listed. Needless to say its home with me now. I'm still in sticker shock $450 for both cab and head! Did not get a chance to try it so maybe there is a underlying issue and that's way it was so cheap but to me was worth a chance.

20190131_200820.jpg

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just poking around the local add around town and noticed a add selling everything. Well I had to look and there was a JCM2000 DSL 50W and a 1960A listed. Needless to say its home with me now. I'm still in sticker shock $450 for both cab and head! Did not get a chance to try it so maybe there is a underlying issue and that's way it was so cheap but to me was worth a chance.

Great Score !
Congrats

chiliphil1

Reaction score
Congrats! Keep an eye on the bias, that’s a known problem with some of the older dsl amps and possibly the reason it was so cheap. If the bias doesn’t hold steady or if it goes very high (to the point of red plating) there is a fix. The Dr. Tube stable bias mod, it’s simple to install and will correct the issue, if this amp has it. Hopefully all is good to go, great score!

mcblink

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. even if I had to fix the bias drift was still a good deal.
If you do end up fixing with the Dr Tube mod, be sure to order the handy hollow drill bit with it...

I neglected to do this, so I wound up having to get the bits from Amazon, which came in a pack of 10.

Now I have 9 extra bits that I'll probably never have a use for again.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
@OP: Check the speakers with a multi-meter before you start playing. It would suck if you started playing and found out one of the speakers was blown (at the time you wrote your initial post you said you didn't have time to play through the rig).

Hope all it working well. Enjoy the new rig. (I'm being sincere and not sarcastic here).

Last edited:

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OP: Check the speakers with a multi-meter before you start playing. It would suck if you started playing and found out one of the speakers was blown (at the time you wrote your initial post you said you didn't have time to play through the rig).

Hope all it working well. Enjoy the new rig.
Blown..Or loaded with some dogshit speakers..even so, you still did ok.

Hutch

Reaction score
update hooked everything up I did test the ohms on speakers all good has the G12T-75's so all good there. Amp sounds good. Im still going to take it to my amp guy and have a look over.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice. You killed it. I love them kind of deals.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

Hope all it working well. Enjoy the new rig. (I'm being sincere and not sarcastic here).
also check the input jack cup assembly, to make sure there's no shorts. Use only 16 ohm, until you make sure the output jack is functioning properly...

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you @Hutch,....live in some crazy, bizzaro, alternate universe where everything, and every product sells for 1/3 to 1/2 it’s actual value?!?!

If you do, are you allowed to have visitors there? :D