Looking for a simple Mini Delay... suggestions?

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
So space on my pedalboard is a bit scarce, therefore I'm looking for a mini delay pedal for my lead tones.

It doesn't need to be overly complicated, I have a JHS Lucky Cat that has all the functions I'd ever need. A simple and subtle delay behind my distorted lead tones to give the whole thing a bit of "wetness" is enough. I'm a huge fan of my Ibanez DE7.

Any ideas? Carbon Copy? Ibanez Mini Delay?

Oh and please no Flashback Mini. Bought that one brand new back in the day and it had all kinds of weird glitches so back to the retailer it went.

Cheers and thanks! :)

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Do you want digital or analog? The ones you mentioned are good analog delays.

For digital Id recommend you track down an used Guyatone MD-3. That is a great sounding pedal, very small and MIJ. They're not very expensive either (about 80-100 bucks used).

GuitarIV

Reaction score
Do you want digital or analog? The ones you mentioned are good analog delays.

For digital Id recommend you track down an used Guyatone MD-3. That is a great sounding pedal, very small and MIJ. They're not very expensive either (about 80-100 bucks used).

I do like a good digital delay but for my purposes I think the analog ones should suffice. I don't need pristine repeats, just some more ambience and thickness when I do high gain solos and slight clean strums and picking...

The CC Mini is quite expensive, but then again the Ibanez is not that much cheaper. Might have to check the used market :)

bhatta

Reaction score
I previously had CC. Way too dark for my humbuckers. I thought it was me, till I saw they came out with a CC bright pedal.

For last 3 years I have switched to Memory Toy. Better, brighter have had no issues and doesn't break the bank.

Dozer

Reaction score
So space on my pedalboard is a bit scarce, therefore I'm looking for a mini delay pedal for my lead tones.

It doesn't need to be overly complicated, I have a JHS Lucky Cat that has all the functions I'd ever need. A simple and subtle delay behind my distorted lead tones to give the whole thing a bit of "wetness" is enough. I'm a huge fan of my Ibanez DE7.

Any ideas? Carbon Copy? Ibanez Mini Delay?

Oh and please no Flashback Mini. Bought that one brand new back in the day and it had all kinds of weird glitches so back to the retailer it went.

Cheers and thanks! :)

I love my Donner "The Wave" modulated delay. I bought it on a whim and it performs way above it's price point. I have had much more expensive delays that didn't sound as good.

1715908944528.png

JohnnyR1960

Reaction score
Have you tried any of the joyo Ironman mini pedals? I have the joyo quattro. You can do analog or digital and even use it as a chorus. Very simple to use and cheap cost. Check it out. It may work for what you want. Also the cool thing is once you set your sound it has a cover that folds down so your settings don't get moved around when taking your pedalboard to gigs.

hsb

Reaction score
Love the Carbon Copy mini I hqve on my board