This Is My New Mini Pedalboard

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nickfox

Reaction score
Favorite? The Matchless Independence 35 TSR. Only planning to use just a handful profiles. Cloud is overwhelming, most samples I don't care for.

That matchless independence is probably in my top 3. I spent a good bit of time going through all the top captures and ended up with about 60. One of the reasons I bought this was so that I could study all the different amp types that I've never played. I thought this app was good enough so that now I have a lot less incentive to get the fm3...

jmp45

Reaction score
That matchless independence is probably in my top 3. I spent a good bit of time going through all the top captures and ended up with about 60. One of the reasons I bought this was so that I could study all the different amp types that I've never played. I thought this app was good enough so that now I have a lot less incentive to get the fm3...

Considering the pedal?

Shane Stevenson

Reaction score
Oh man, I was just looking at the Iron Man II Mini yesterday. How do you like it?
I absolutely love the Ironman Mini. I really like the idea of having it at my feet for a solo boost. I had problems boosting an already hot SV to get it louder for solos. I was out of headroom but loved my tone. The Ironman Mini completely solved my problem, and to make things even better…it sounds and feels much better than my Weber Mini Mass. I was actually doing ok with the Mini Mass but the Ironman is on another level. The Ironman retains all of the feel of my SV. I can’t live without this attenuator.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Vin, what music are you working on? I'm only using one pedal right now, the xotic ep booster. Nice and simple...

Hey man, I don't have the tonex pedal but I do have the tonex max app. What's your favorite capture?
Another coincidence - I used to do some larger gigs with that same Furman SPB-8 when I was using the Marshall JVM410H. That's the one with the wheels and the extendable handle, right? It was really nice. My pedalboard was huge and weighed a ton; it looked like NASA; it got more attention from musicians at gigs than me or my guitars & amps. :D

As far as the music I'm playing, technically nothing at the moment, I'm just setting up a rig or two and trying different things. The holidays are over, the (seasonal) acoustic guitars are stored for the winter, and it's time for me to bring out the electrics and go through them all. So mostly I'm just setting up my sound. Tonex? I don't have one of those.

Last edited:

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice and tidy.

mddVtrD.jpg

nickfox

Reaction score
Tonex? I don't have one of those.

I just have the tonex max app that cost me 79 dollars. That allows me unlimited downloads of amp captures from users and vendors. The pedal costs a few hundred more. That allows you to create a capture of your amp (similar to kemper) and then use the pedal in a live rig.

The link below is the matchless independence amp that @jmp45 and I were talking about. Click on this link and then click on "Audio Demo" in the top right hand corner. From there you can play the demo. It's the number one most popular capture on tonex.

nemo_kost

Reaction score
I always love the neat and tidy pedalboards, for me it's always watching a mess of cables like SonVolt's cat above!
Anyway, the live one for 2024 is smaller then ever, the big mess is hidden undereath, on the surface it looks a bit prittier...
1704707701683.jpg

By the way, it's driving this beast... :D

1704707701666.jpg

John Stedman

Reaction score
Currently working this one up. Still need to make some longer cables with the Switchcraft pancake right angle plugs for the amp send / effect send and put hook & loop on the pedals. The TC Hall Of Fame will be swapped out for a BOSS REV-3 when / if I ever get my dirty mitts on one. Missing in photo: Marshall foot switch for 1987 Marshall JCM 800 2205 head and Gibson Flying V.

my schenker board.jpg

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently working this one up. Still need to make some longer cables with the Switchcraft pancake right angle plugs for the amp send / effect send and put hook & loop on the pedals. The TC Hall Of Fame will be swapped out for a BOSS REV-3 when / if I ever get my dirty mitts on one. Missing in photo: Marshall foot switch for 1987 Marshall JCM 800 2205 head and Gibson Flying V.

my-schenker-board-jpg.143477
View attachment 143477
Ha! It's identical to mine except instead of a chorus I have a noise gate. I just added my Morley WahLock before the tuner yesterday. :)

That's really all you need, isn't it? A tuner & and a boost, and few FX in the loop. The more complex, the more you have to keep bending down and tweaking.

I like Morleys because they turn on as soon as you step on them (no footswitch). Back in the day I used the Bad Horsie II. What's different about the WahLock ("lock" being the keyword), is that, in addition to being a wah pedal, you can use the 'Notch' control to dial in your favorite point in the pedal travel, and then just switch it on & off as desired. 'Loud' is your signal volume, and the 'Whoa' switch expands the lower range of the wah (sounds like 70's Disco - like "The Love Boat" and stuff. :D).

Oh - and the white print on the pedal glows green in the dark.

1704803520048.png

Last edited:

Arrested Dev

Reaction score
Nothing really important, I was just working on this tonight and felt like posting about it. I have a larger pedalboard full of stuff I rarely use, so I wanted to make something really basic that I can use with any of my maps. If you guys also have mini pedalboards, I'd love to see some pics.

The only effects I "really" need are reverb, delay, and a distortion box. Plus, I always need a tuner and a noise gate. Those are all the basics. Everything else I have is just for varietry.

I have other reverb and delay pedals, but for this mini board I got an Ibanez Analog Delay Mini which I haven't even tried yet (but I'm familiar with them since their release), and I'm going to try using the CloudBurst as just a reverb pedal. The reason I'm going with the CB, is because it's a WAY more versatile pedal than my reverb-only pedal. If it doesn't work out, I'll just go back to my TCE HOF box.

The only thing I use delay for is soaring lead solos. I don't do much of that dotted 8th/U2 stuff, though I'm interested in pursuing it sometimes.

You will notice extra space between the FX Loop side and the Front End side for two reasons: 1) there needs to be room for the two right-angled cables - I always have two FX loops, front & back as you can see, and 2) I'll be changing out distortion boxes for different front-end gain flavors as desired. Right now, I have 4 gain pedals that I like: the Mad Professor Bluebird OD, the OCD v1.7, the BOSS SD-1, and the TCE Spark (transparent overdrive). The mad professor gives a boost at just the right mid frequencies to make humbuckers guitars sound like old PAFs. I don't use its delay.

I'll be using this with a:
Marshall JCM 800 SC20H,
Marshall DSL20HR,
Mesa/Boogie Mark Five: 25,
Fender Custom 68 Vibro Champ, and,
Monoprice 15.

I put big buttons on the switches, because I'm just jamming at home and they're easier to click when I'm wearing socks. :D

That's about it. What do you think? Got any pics of your own mini boards?

View attachment 143322
In my opinion, everything in this post and pic and pedalboard is perfect. I especially appreciate the callout about space on board for the extra right angle plug for fx loops, the reality that you'll be swapping out OD pedals, and the variety provided by the Cloudburst. All these things resonate loud and clear with me!!!

And finally, you're really making me think about getting a mini decimator.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, everything in this post and pic and pedalboard is perfect. I especially appreciate the callout about space on board for the extra right angle plug for fx loops, the reality that you'll be swapping out OD pedals, and the variety provided by the Cloudburst. All these things resonate loud and clear with me!!!

And finally, you're really making me think about getting a mini decimator.
I've also got the Decimator II, which is the full-size chrome model. (BTW, the chrome looks disgusting after a while.) The only advantage is that the Dec-II allows it to run on a battery. I was done using batteries in stomp boxes by 2003. Now that many notorious pedals come in mini format, as long as any of the features aren't sacrificed, I'm gravitating that way. One bad example is TEC's pedals like the HOF Reverb, Flashback Delay, and others, where the only way to get the big brother settings on the mini, is to download their "Tone Prints", and I want nothing to do with that. On the positive side, there's the MXR Carbon Copy for example, which actually is a true mini version of its big brother.

John Stedman

Reaction score
Ha! It's identical to mine except instead of a chorus I have a noise gate. I just added my Morley WahLock before the tuner yesterday. :)

That's really all you need, isn't it? A tuner & and a boost, and few FX in the loop. The more complex, the more you have to keep bending down and tweaking.

I like Morleys because they turn on as soon as you step on them (no footswitch). Back in the day I used the Bad Horsie II. What's different about the WahLock ("lock" being the keyword), is that, in addition to being a wah pedal, you can use the 'Notch' control to dial in your favorite point in the pedal travel, and then just switch it on & off as desired. 'Loud' is your signal volume, and the 'Whoa' switch expands the lower range of the wah (sounds like 70's Disco - like "The Love Boat" and stuff. :D).

Oh - and the white print on the pedal glows green in the dark.

View attachment 143539

Cool, didn't even know the Morley Wah Lock existed. Watched a few demo videos and it sounds good and has features I want/need. I can't find any demo of what it sounds like with a fuzz face before and after it though.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also got the Decimator II, which is the full-size chrome model. (BTW, the chrome looks disgusting after a while.) The only advantage is that the Dec-II allows it to run on a battery. I was done using batteries in stomp boxes by 2003. Now that many notorious pedals come in mini format, as long as any of the features aren't sacrificed, I'm gravitating that way. One bad example is TEC's pedals like the HOF Reverb, Flashback Delay, and others, where the only way to get the big brother settings on the mini, is to download their "Tone Prints", and I want nothing to do with that. On the positive side, there's the MXR Carbon Copy for example, which actually is a true mini version of its big brother.

Do you know if the Decimator pedals are analog or digital? I can't seem to find an answer to this and the company didn't respond to my email inquiry.

bhatta

Reaction score
This is the bare minimum that i do with...

IMG_20240108_191736146.jpg
Looks so neat , love it 😄

But really, I want to push the DSL with a Spark mini boost kinda pedal. Also, gotta change the Drip reverb. Eyeing the EHX Holy Grail Neo.
But am broke now.
I add a Little Big Muff and a Digitech Mosaic as.and when required for the tone.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the Decimator pedals are analog or digital? I can't seem to find an answer to this and the company didn't respond to my email inquiry.
No, but to me the only thing that's important is how well they work. The ISPs work better than several other gates I tried years ago, including the hideous MXR M135 Smart Gate, and one from BOSS. There's no need for attack and release settings, or other "features". With the ISP's, you turn the knob until the noise stops, and then you forget it's even on your board.

jmp45

Reaction score
No, but to me the only thing that's important is how well they work. The ISPs work better than several other gates I tried years ago, including the hideous MXR M135 Smart Gate, and one from BOSS. There's no need for attack and release settings, or other "features". With the ISP's, you turn the knob until the noise stops, and then you forget it's even on your board.

I settled on the Decimator too. Very simple and it works.