Lovin my TSL

• Thread starter Goosey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Landshark

Reaction score
I actually like my Lead channel on my TSL601 but can't seem to get the Crunch channel dialed in for a straight hard rock rythm sound (like say Aerosmith or Jet). It has a little hair or fizz that I just can't seem to get rid of unless I take too many highs out.

It's not supposed to be modded but I know how that goes.

Oh they're moddable! I get what you mean though... That was one of my issues as well.

Dega500

Reaction score
Oh they're moddable! I get what you mean though... That was one of my issues as well.

Do you know which mod took care of this particular issue?

I finally got a chance to run my RP500 into the effects loop return last night and it's business as usual. My patches sound awesome this way so I'm good to go in that regard.

I would really like to go straight amp and a pedal or two eventually though.

Oh, I finally identified the Russian EL34's in it also. Turns out they are Winged C's. I didn't recognize the logo.

Landshark

Reaction score
Do you know which mod took care of this particular issue?

I finally got a chance to run my RP500 into the effects loop return last night and it's business as usual. My patches sound awesome this way so I'm good to go in that regard.

I would really like to go straight amp and a pedal or two eventually though.

Oh, I finally identified the Russian EL34's in it also. Turns out they are Winged C's. I didn't recognize the logo.

C9 1000pf (.001uf)creats a single pole high pass roll off of around 3.2Khz which is around the fundamental of highest note of the guitar. there are also very few useful harmonics for guitar above this, or that can really be reporduced by most guitar speakers. it also can reduce hiss, as well as rolls off the glassy harmonics of the 220K plate load.

C12 1Uf provides a more useable mid shelving for overdriven guitar while retaining some current induced feedback for low frequencies. also sounds good for the clean mode as well

This was taken from the DSL Joey Mods thread in the Workbench section, very first post. It's where I started along with romoving C12 from the Lead channel board. To my ears, these three things change the amp entirely... in a very good way:)

Dega500

Reaction score
OK, so the DSL mods work well for the TSL as well.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Dega