LP Standard NGD

• Thread starter Rocktane
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rocktane

Reaction score
Well, it was a few days ago but here it is, finally. I've been looking for 2+ years & nothing ever lined up for me. Even purchased 2 of them last year but returned both for qc issues. This one should be a keeper!

2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard
22 LP-2r.jpg
Changed the knobs, more pics to follow.

Rocktane

Reaction score
Spectacular. :applause:
HNGD!
Thanks man!

Congratulations Rocktane! That is beautiful. Is that an Unburst? Great flame. I have a 2021 Gibson Les Paul Standard 1960 in Unburst and I love it. Is yours a 50's or 60's?
Yes, it's a 60's Unburst. Congrats on your 2021! Happy to hear you love it!

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats, brother!! :thumb:

I just recently got a 2020 and after a little personalizing, I love it. How do you like the Burstbucker 61s? I thought they were really nice, but I still swapped them out.

I like the look of those knobs, I might have to change mine, too.

Last edited:

Rocktane

Reaction score
Congrats, brother!! :thumb:

I just recently got a 2020 and after a little personalizing, I love it. How do you like the Burstbucker 61s? I thought they were really nice, but I still swapped them out.

Here's mine.

qf7pD7f.jpg
Man Steve, that thing is sweet! Nice flame & burst! I like the BB 61's but must admit, I will most likely entertain a pickup swap someday. I know me, can't leave shit alone! What did you go with?

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I see you quoted my post before I edited it, I didn't want to hijack your thread even a little so I thought I should delete the pic. Glad you saw it anyway.

I'm actually still kind of experimenting with the pickups. I have a set of planet tone pickups in it now and I really like them, but the bridge pickup is not quite what I'm looking for. I wanted to put my favorite bridge pickup in it, a Wolfetone Finris, but Wolfes cream bobbins aren't really cream, they're more of an off white and I didn't like the look. I might just put a double black one in there, but I though zebras would look better. I'll figure it out soon I'm sure.

I also replaced my bridge with an aluminum Nashville from Philidelphia luthier and it made a huge difference for the better. I didn't like the stockABR-1 at all.

Last edited:

Rocktane

Reaction score
Thanks! I see you quoted my post before I edited it, I didn't want to hijack your thread even a little so I thought I should delete the pic. Glad you saw it anyway.

No worries about hijacking, it's all sharing the same topic :) You want me to remove the pic from my quote?

The zebra set looks good! What don't you like about the ABR-1?

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries about hijacking, it's all sharing the same topic :) You want me to remove the pic from my quote?

The zebra set looks good! What don't you like about the ABR-1?
No, it's ok, I just didn't want anyone to talk about my missing pick guard or anything in your thread is all. Lol!

My main issue with the bridge was the slots were cut too deep and palm muting was wierd. I tried a couple of different one s and they were ok, but then a friend recommended I try the Aluminum Nashville one and that was the one I liked best. It feels right and to me it improved the overall sound.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Well, it was a few days ago but here it is, finally. I've been looking for 2+ years & nothing ever lined up for me. Even purchased 2 of them last year but returned both for qc issues. This one should be a keeper!

2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard
View attachment 105544
Changed the knobs, more pics to follow.
May I ask who you got the gold top hat knobs from please ?

El Gringo

Reaction score

I'm actually still kind of experimenting with the pickups. I have a set of planet tone pickups in it now and I really like them, but the bridge pickup is not quite what I'm looking for. I wanted to put my favorite bridge pickup in it, a Wolfetone Finris, but Wolfes cream bobbins aren't really cream, they're more of an off white and I didn't like the look. I might just put a double black one in there, but I though zebras would look better. I'll figure it out soon I'm sure.

I also replaced my bridge with an aluminum Nashville from Philidelphia luthier and it made a huge difference for the better. I didn't like the stockABR-1 at all.
Philly Luthier is top notch and I have gotten stuff from them before and they have great products and service as well .

Latest posts