Marshall 1922 cab.

• Thread starter Vintager12
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vintager12

Reaction score
Hi, :wave:

I'm buyin a VM but i think the guy from the V30 cab. doesent gonna respond anymore. :(
So i found a 1922 2x12 Cab. with Celestion V12-60's.are they good too ?

the price for the cab is 350 €

Adwex

Reaction score
The 1922 is an extension cab for the TSL 122, I think it is smaller than a 1936, and it may not fit a full size head properly. If you want a 2x12 for your VM head, get a 1936.

Vintager12

Reaction score
The 1922 is an extension cab for the TSL 122, I think it is smaller than a 1936, and it may not fit a full size head properly. If you want a 2x12 for your VM head, get a 1936.

they are too expencive for my budget.... the only one i found was brand new and the price was 459 € my VM costs 725 € (also brand new) and i simply don't have that :( I only have 350 for a cab.

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
1922 is smaller and made for smaller box heads. Your head will not fit properly. That being said I don't use the right cabs and heads for each other so I have no room to talk. I would get the 1936, because I use them, but the 1922 could be nice too considering it would be easier to carry around.

Adwex

Reaction score
they are too expencive for my budget.... the only one i found was brand new and the price was 459 € my VM costs 725 € (also brand new) and i simply don't have that :( I only have 350 for a cab.

I would never buy a new Marshall cab, they are overpriced. Maybe try ebay, or some other way to find a used one. You could also get another brand, it doesn't need to be a Marshall.

joeellistsl

Reaction score
Hi, :wave:

I'm buyin a VM but i think the guy from the V30 cab. doesent gonna respond anymore. :(
So i found a 1922 2x12 Cab. with Celestion V12-60's.are they good too ?

the price for the cab is 350 €

Get an Avatar cab. The Marshall cabs you are talking about are made out of particle board. The Avatar cabs are made out of high quality Birch plywood just like the high dollar Marshall cabs and they cost less than a 1936 or 1922 I believe.

You have a choice of Celestion speakers. They even have their own variation of Celestion speakers (Hallatone) that come pre-broken in.

I just bought a brand new Avatar cab for less than $300.00. The guy I bought it from only offered Eminence speakers, but they are very comperable to Celestion IMO.

Xiderpunk

Reaction score
I once played through a 1922 and it sure is tonely alot different than a 1936, I guess due to the smaller box. Although more portable it definately didn't sound as good as a 1936.

Vintager12

Reaction score
Get an Avatar cab. The Marshall cabs you are talking about are made out of particle board. The Avatar cabs are made out of high quality Birch plywood just like the high dollar Marshall cabs and they cost less than a 1936 or 1922 I believe.

You have a choice of Celestion speakers. They even have their own variation of Celestion speakers (Hallatone) that come pre-broken in.

I just bought a brand new Avatar cab for less than $300.00. The guy I bought it from only offered Eminence speakers, but they are very comperable to Celestion IMO.

Yeah in america they are cheap in europe it's more expencive

satchfan

Reaction score
The other way is to buy two 12" speakers of your choice & build your own cab in whatever size you want!
Probably a cheaper option.

Steve.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
before i had my duo of 1936 cabs i had a couple of 1922's running with my DSL100...

trust me, you want the 1936... not only soundwise (big improvement!!!!!), but your new head will rest much more stable on a 1936....
check marktplaats regularly, i could buy 1936's over there for 250 euro's each...
as of now there's a 1936 for sale with V30's (the speakers slash uses), but the pricetag of 395euro's is way too much in my opinion for a secondhand cab... i wouldn't pay nothing more then 300 for it
good luck!

Adwex

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear that there is a huge difference between the 1922 and the 1936.
I wouldn't have expected that. Does the 1922 have G12T-75's?

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
mine had... i was very surprised too when i heard the difference between these two models
the 1936 cabs have G12-T75's too
bass is much more present and tight with 1936 cabs
spreading is a lot better, the highs are less harsh and the mids are coming out in a better way
they only weight 6 kg more then 1922's, but fairly speaking it's a no-brainer... leave the 1922 and get a 1936, if you don't want to lug a 4x12 around, like me...

joeellistsl

Reaction score
Yeah in america they are cheap in europe it's more expencive

Ever heard of ebay. This is where I found my brand new Avatar cab for under $300.00. Even with shipping costs to Europe you will get a high quality Baltic plywood cab that sounds great as is built like a tank as apposed to particle board.

If you are interested where I found mine, let me know and I will help.

Birk

Reaction score
OT: has anyone tried 1922 with open back?
That can make a difference...

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
considering others experiences with open backs this would give a better soundspreading, but the low end becomes less tight and looses it's forward projection...

i want to trie this too on my upper cab though, to see if it would give me a better spread while keeping the lower cab as it is, to make sure my low end doesn't disappear...

Vintager12

Reaction score
I had an anwser from a guy who has a better cab. than a 1936, a cab with verry strong MDF wood. And also V30's and beamblockers. You can compare it with an expencive Marshall 2 X 12 Cab. That cab. + VM is pure awsomeness & Rock n' roll!

Vintager12

Reaction score
Ever heard of ebay. This is where I found my brand new Avatar cab for under $300.00. Even with shipping costs to Europe you will get a high quality Baltic plywood cab that sounds great as is built like a tank as apposed to particle board.

If you are interested where I found mine, let me know and I will help.

I found a sweet cab ... Its like an avatar cab and its pretty cheap. and Ebay Holland has no avatar cabs :(
If you wanna know more about the cab. i bought see the post above.

enis

Reaction score

Then buy at Marshall 1936V Guitar Speaker Cabinet - DV247.COM
They ship to EU.
I bought myself one and I'm more than happy. 315€ for a brand new 1936V cab + 20€ shipping to Holland ( Den Haag:)

TerrorTwins

Reaction score
Hi...I have two 1922's from the 70's (I think they were called 1922's back then) with the original G12H Greenbacks. One has the chequered cloth and the other plain black. They both sound excellent being driven by two Orange Hard Wired Tiny Terrors. It must be the fact they they are made from real wood and have the original greenbacks. I got them both off Ebay for around GBP450 (One 300 & one 150). They don't look too pretty but the look and sound is pure 70's classic rock.(Great if that's what you're after)
I had two newer 1936's and to my ears the older 1922's sound far better.
When is someone going to start making "aged" cabinets???
Forget the G12-T75's. They have no character. G12H's are pure 70's classic rock. If you can't find originals in good nick get the Heritage re-issues and put them in a cabinet made from real wood. :hippie: