Marshall 1959WSLP 35th anniversary 100w amp rehaul

• Thread starter g9j
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

g9j

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently got a Marshall 35th anniversary 1959wslp head which is in need of a complete overhaul.
Which schematic must I follow as I redo this amp. I am willing to even buy it, if it is clear and helps me in the job. Kindly post a link.
Secondly, where is the best place to buy the capacitor and resistor set... just post the link and I will do the needful?
The amp was in the hands of a rental company with no access to the correct spares hence all values are wrong in the amp and it is giving a bias problem.
thanks in anticipation!
It has the 1959slp 60 00 circuit board.. I have only found the 60.02 schematic

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should post this in the workbench section,…

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whereabouts are you located? I noticed English may not be your first language. There are good techs from all over the world lurking in these forums.

To perform routine service on these amps you shouldn't need a schematic. They are simple circuits. Unless there is a major fault somewhere generally replacing the electrolytic capacitors is all that's needed. However there are amps much older than the 1959SLP that are running with all original parts and doing fine. The cap set would be six 50/50uF 500V cans and two 10uF 160V caps for the bias supply. Nothing else will fail due to age alone except for contacts and pots oxidizing which can be cleaned with a contact cleaner like DeOxit.

The circuit is the same as the original amp. There may be a slightly different value here or there but the signal path through the preamp and power amp is not going to be any different. The schematic you have should work. Dr Tube and EL34 World have a plethora of schematics available for download. Where to purchase your parts depends on what part of the world you are in. In the United States I get most of my parts from Antique Electronic Supply and Mouser.

Good luck

g9j

Reaction score
Thank you Purgasound for your detailed and enlightening reply. Well, I am based in Colombo, Sri Lanka and that explains why I cannot source parts locally. That being said, I have friends in LA and New York to whom I can very easily ship parts bought in the US and they help me bring them down when time and opportunities permit.
Regarding the amp, it has not been well cared for but underwent a cosmetic rehaul which will make it unrecognizable to the previous owner. Further, the amp was not looked after and serviced by a good tech and they had no access to parts, hence they have filled in different values of parts when anything failed. Hence I am attempting the clean up.
The red indicators are where I want to insert the correct values.
I am clear about the
1. 6 50/50uF 500v cans
2. 2 10 uf 160V caps

The PCB says 60 00 version... but i have only found the 60. 02 schematic version, hence I am looking for the 60 00 version. If you have the link or a even a paid link please pass on the same.
PS: Scozz I will hop over to the work bench to get help as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5498.jpg
    IMG_5498.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5499.jpg
    IMG_5499.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5500.jpg
    IMG_5500.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5501.jpg
    IMG_5501.jpg