• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 30th Anniversary Series thread (6100 / 6101)

• Thread starter Tonton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jmlesaux

Reaction score
Hi team,
Do you know if there is a thread that lists 6100 LE owners? If not, it would be fun to launch the idea.
Just put a picture and the chassis number.

Attachments

• Chassis Number H0096.jpg
    Chassis Number H0096.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240610_160717507_iOS.jpg
    20240610_160717507_iOS.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 5

Seventh Son

Reaction score
Newbie here ! Just wanted to say that I've just picked up a nice 6101LM combo and what a great amp it is.

I remember seeing the blue one when they first appeared in the early 90's and just stood staring at this thing in the shop overwhelmed by all the switching. Always wanted one and finally got one at the right price at the right time, albeit thirty years later. £350 here in the UK so I jumped on it.

Doing lots of recording right now, so the DI facility is really useful. Had Boogies for years, but this amp has really impressed me.
I am curious as to what you think of the Balanced Compensated Out for recording? Do you have any tips for getting the best tones out of it in the context of recording and in the mix?

SloJimFizz

Reaction score
Recently traded for a 6101 combo in the purple tolex with the EV12L speaker in it. Thanks to those who contributed to this thread, helped make pulling the trigger an easy decision. Plus the dude had it set nicely when I picked it up.
Really like this amp, having several Mesa Marks, this was right in my wheelhouse of form and function. The stock EV12L is a nice speaker, but a/b'ing with my Creamback 65, the CB just sounded and felt better to play through. I'll more than likely swap those two, lighten the load just a bit at the same time.
Some learning curve to some of the buttons. The darn loop button got me. Played with my board hooked up, rocking out. Put everything away, use a different amp for a couple days. Next time I plug in the 6101, nada. Couple tube swaps and rereading the manual later to finally realize the simple loop button being pressed in was the culprit.
Fantastic amp with so many great sounds in it. The Contour button is most certainly not a tone suck button Can definitely tell this was their shot fired at Mesa.
Obligatory pic:
PXL_20240618_132353038~2.jpg

Thoma

Reaction score
I am curious as to what you think of the Balanced Compensated Out for recording? Do you have any tips for getting the best tones out of it in the context of recording and in the mix?
Can't say much about recoding but used Balanced Out directly into the FOH mixer and we were very happy with the sound.
Definitely more consistent and reliable than picking up a speaker w/ a SM57.

Thoma

Reaction score
The Contour button is most certainly not a tone suck button Can definitely tell this was their shot fired at Mesa.
Exactly!!!
THIS remark about CONTOUR makes you an 6100 Expert.
(Plus your TMOHOLBBE (* of course!)

The red channel has so many beautiful tone possibilities, provided one reads the manual or, even better, turns the knobs of its tone stack after pressing CONTOUR.

*(
(Tearing My Own Hear Out Loop Button Blackout Recovery Experience.)

I bet there's a new goal, right? 😉
1723461709920.png

Seventh Son

Reaction score
Do you guys think it'd be possible to send a DSL through the 6100 and then use 6100's Balanced Compensated Output to record the DSL? I know this is a bit of an unconventional idea, but I am exploring it for purposes of experimentation.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Do you guys think it'd be possible to send a DSL through the 6100 and then use 6100's Balanced Compensated Output to record the DSL? I know this is a bit of an unconventional idea, but I am exploring it for purposes of experimentation.
Where are you going in to the 6100?
The front end, the FX loop, the line input?

Seventh Son

Reaction score
Where are you going in to the 6100?
The front end, the FX loop, the line input?
I'm thinking of using the DSL's preamp, into the 6100, and than tapping the processed signal from the BCO for recording. I am not sure whether that is possible, and if yes, what would be the best way to do that.

Latest posts