• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Amps Potentially Up for Sale Again: Could They Fetch €800 Million?

• Thread starter stonevibe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PelliX

Reaction score
Reports are going around that Marshall is looking to sell.

Let's look at this from another angle; all involved parties claim Marshall has been doing well since the takeover by Zound. Nowhere does the article even so much as hint at a source, which in journalism often means it was pulled out of thin air (or an orifice typically covered in public). The website featuring the article ends the last paragraph on a list of recommendations when buying a Marshall product.

"This article contains affiliate links to Thomann that help finance the running costs of GuitarBomb. If you buy something through these links, we will receive a small commission. Don’t worry as you pay the same price, and it costs you no extra to use these affiliate links for your purchases."

While I have no evidence pointing the other way, occam's razor states that this is likely just a quick way to get some publicity - even if just by stirring up a rumor.

V-man

Reaction score
While I have no evidence pointing the other way, occam's razor states that this is likely just a quick way to get some publicity - even if just by stirring up a rumor.

You certainly can’t rule that out but a nationwide blackout on (substantially) all products worth buying, no more replacement boards being produced and shortages (cabs?) in Europe at least give strong support regarding the veracity of the article’s claims.

PelliX

Reaction score
You certainly can’t rule that out but a nationwide blackout on (substantially) all products worth buying, no more replacement boards being produced and shortages (cabs?) in Europe at least give strong support regarding the veracity of the article’s claims.

Nationwide blackout? Replacement boards are typically not made 'as such', the manufacturer just ensures there's an excess of parts when producing a given product. Let's randomly assume they sell 10.000 Origin 50's and keep maybe 1000 boards on spare - totally random numbers, but you get my point. Of course I've heard of the issues on the other side of the pond but here in Europe I haven't seen a shortage on cabs? Some delays on amps, that's true. My guess is that Zound decided they were big enough to simply set up that supply chain and they're either re-evaluating that stance or working hard to make it happen... I'd put that down to administrative fuckery more than anything else.
I'll agree the "Marshall experience" has been a bit rough recently, but just the slightest hint at a source for these rumors would go a long way for me.

Fosheti

Reaction score
Something is definitely going on. They just aren’t moving any product right now especially the higher end stuff. Supposedly there will be new shipments in November. That would confirm things are stable. I guess we will just have to wait and see if those shipments materialize.

Latest posts