Marshall Customer Service?

• Thread starter jack daniels
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jack daniels

Reaction score
I've contacted Marshall Customer Service twice this last week and the message after forwarding my inquiries are, "we will be contacting you shortly". Shortly 'MY ARSE'. I still as yet have not heard back from Marshall Customer Service and my question(s) were short, concise, to the point, and very clear, so it should have been very easy for them to get back to me with an immediate answer. I'm getting flashbacks of 'Packard Hell Customer Service' back in the day.

WHAT IS UP with Marshall Customer Service? Is the person(s) who forwards requests and inquiries permanently out to lunch?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Depends...

What CS are you talking about? & what your question is.

Are you talking about the Marshall UK website? The website was taken over by a bunch of hooligan hipsters a couple years ago, so... If Marshall USA, well, they don't have a good track record either. Best bet is to call them, if you have a question that requires immediate answers. Last time I sent a question to the website, I literally got this:

"We're sorry, but we can't give out information on current products. Hope this helps."

I guess they can only give out info on past &/or future products? It's the same people that think that Marshall needs sunglasses, polo shirts & bowling shoes to forge a "lifestyle brand"... (& cellphones, earbuds, headphones & wi-fi speakers)

jack daniels

Reaction score
I have a 2004 2061X head. My questions were what issues were there known to be with this model/year and, if OT's were the issue what OEM brand/component would they recommend other than Dagnall (unless vastly improved). All I know is that Marshall Customer Service gets a great big F+ on my report card to their momma. My hopes are that many others will post here and give them a similar grade. I'll guarantee that Marshall keeps tabs on these websites and they won't be happy to hear of employees who DON'T do their jobs. I'm glad I haven't purchased any other Marshall products because I surely will not after this. I'd build kits all day long before I'd give them another cent, AND the 2061X and 2061CX cabinet were outrageously expensive when they first came out (for what little was involved in making them). So a great big thumb to the nose (or thumbs down) :noway: for Marshall Customer Service.

ghostdriver

Reaction score
Not trying to fan the fire here because I know you are upset having not gotten a response. Think about what you asked them. First you want them to tell the world that they even had issues with a model year. If they had problems I doubt if they want to admit it. Second you want them to recommend an after market part if theirs hasn't improved. To do that they again would have to admit their trans was NG. Again I'm not trying to pick at your issue but just maybe trying to explain why no answer.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you call them or email them?
What #/email did you use?

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
either way,it's worse than when Korg USA handled the CS.
hopefully you can reach the factory CS.
w/ new "disposable" amps I do Sweetwater w/ the 2 year free replace warranty.
anything old goes to Todd Sharp @ Nashville Amp Repair or Trace @ Voodoo.

jack daniels

Reaction score
Not trying to fan the fire here because I know you are upset having not gotten a response. Think about what you asked them. First you want them to tell the world that they even had issues with a model year. If they had problems I doubt if they want to admit it. Second you want them to recommend an after market part if theirs hasn't improved. To do that they again would have to admit their trans was NG. Again I'm not trying to pick at your issue but just maybe trying to explain why no answer.

Are you familiar with this amp? If you are, then you should KNOW that the 2061X RI head does have issues, which is nothing new to the world of Marshall and Marshall end users. There have been threads upon threads posted regarding 2061X RI issues but, I want to hear firsthand the issues that one may need to address before performing any upgrades/updates.

This is just like a mass recall of an automobile which everyone knows about, and me asking for details on the updates/upgrades in order to make sure my recall doesn't go down on a highway in the middle of nowhere. It's not asking too much of any manufacturer to relay defects especially when it's already public knowledge that the product is faulty...

Last edited:

jack daniels

Reaction score
Did you call them or email them?
What #/email did you use?

I looked for Marshall USA customer support and always came to a specific Marshall web page which requests that you to forward any and all inquiries via instant message to Marshall with your contact information and issue(s).

jack daniels

Reaction score
either way,it's worse than when Korg USA handled the CS.
hopefully you can reach the factory CS.
w/ new "disposable" amps I do Sweetwater w/ the 2 year free replace warranty.
anything old goes to Todd Sharp @ Nashville Amp Repair or Trace @ Voodoo.

Boy ain't that the truth. Built-in-obsolescence.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Boy ain't that the truth. Built-in-obsolescence.
for true- old amps I knew a local shop/gy gave a lifetime warranty.
Jim or Leo showed up for an in-shop whateverf ,you said, haye man,I need a fix.. this sh*t nowdays is replace only... wait 3 weeks.. & if YOU bought the extra warranty.

jack daniels

Reaction score
for true- old amps I knew a local shop/gy gave a lifetime warranty.
Jim or Leo showed up for an in-shop whateverf ,you said, haye man,I need a fix.. this sh*t nowdays is replace only... wait 3 weeks.. & if YOU bought the extra warranty.

Yeah, and for some time with these guys it has been, "no troubleshooting down to component level for us, we'll just replace the entire motherboard". We can thank the computer industry for that one. :noplease: And, typically for a newer version refurbished motherboard as well.

Trophlin

Reaction score
I messaged Marshall back in November and still haven't had a response! Pretty sure I never will hear from them at this point. I don't know if I will purchase another Marshall seeing how their customer service is nonexistent. I need to replace a speaker jack on my JVM410H and I was looking for the replacement jack. I contacted CLIFF (whom makes the parts for Marshall) and they said to contact Marshall. I contacted a company that sells jacks to see if they could help me. I guess they can't get any parts or information from Marshall either. Just my little experience with them for a $0.50 part. However I did find someone selling them on eBay from the UK but the shipping was expensive. My tech fixed it by modifying the jack (took out one of the ground prongs since it was making contact with the hot side which was causing it to ground out). Even though it is "fixed" it still bothers me.... I know, OCD!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Are you familiar with this amp? If you are, then you should KNOW that the 2061X RI head does have issues, which is nothing new to the world of Marshall and Marshall end users. There have been threads upon threads posted regarding 2061X RI issues but, I want to hear firsthand the issues that one may need to address before performing any upgrades/updates.

This is just like a mass recall of an automobile which everyone knows about, and me asking for details on the updates/upgrades in order to make sure my recall doesn't go down on a highway in the middle of nowhere. It's not asking too much of any manufacturer to relay defects especially when it's already public knowledge that the product is faulty...

Was there a mass recall on the 2061x? I don't recall that having happened, but I could be wrong. If so, do you have a link to the statement they put out?

jack daniels

Reaction score
Was there a mass recall on the 2061x? I don't recall that having happened, but I could be wrong. If so, do you have a link to the statement they put out?

"This is just like a mass recall of an automobile which everyone knows about, and me asking for details on the updates/upgrades in order to make sure my recall doesn't go down on a highway in the middle of nowhere. It's not asking too much of any manufacturer to relay defects especially when it's already public knowledge that the product is faulty... - JD"

You're taking my wording out of context here Cross. Read the fist sentence up to the comma. A problem which everyone knows about and becoming public record (numerous threads about 2061X issues). Are you saying that you are totally unaware of the multitude of threads that have been posted on the 2061X as having issues? It would appear so.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
"This is just like a mass recall of an automobile which everyone knows about, and me asking for details on the updates/upgrades in order to make sure my recall doesn't go down on a highway in the middle of nowhere. It's not asking too much of any manufacturer to relay defects especially when it's already public knowledge that the product is faulty... - JD"

You're taking my wording out of context here Cross. Read the fist sentence up to the comma. A problem which everyone knows about and becoming public record (numerous threads about 2061X issues). Are you saying that you are totally unaware of the multitude of threads that have been posted on the 2061X as having issues? It would appear so.

From a legal standpoint I'm perfectly in context. Is your amp still under warranty? How long have you had it? Did you purchase it new or used?

ghostdriver

Reaction score
So lets be clear. Your saying that because a bunch of guys posted on a public forum that they think there is problems with the 2061X's that it's like a mass recall?

jack daniels

Reaction score
From a legal standpoint I'm perfectly in context. Is your amp still under warranty? How long have you had it? Did you purchase it new or used?

New in 04', and it's out of warranty. I'm not looking to have Marshall or one of their service centers to lay one hand on my 2061X head. If their repair services (in house or not) are anything like Marshall customer support, I surely want no part of their action. Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me. It is "customer support" after all, or is there a new department for people out of warranty called the "GFY department ?" The latter would appear to be the case at least as far as Marshall is concerned.

jack daniels

Reaction score
So lets be clear. Your saying that because a bunch of guys posted on a public forum that they think there is problems with the 2061X's that it's like a mass recall?

What is it that you guys aren't understanding? I guess I better not use analogies anymore as it is too confusing for people to draw parallels to or to correlate with. I'm saying that there are known issues and problems with these heads whether it's just OT's or some other minor issues, and I want to know the lowdown from the source plain and simple. Fortunately Marshall hasn't gotten another cent from me, for which I'm truly happy about because if I'd bought one of their new(er) products I'd be Yosemite Sam right now lol.

jack daniels

Reaction score
New in 04', and it's out of warranty. I'm not looking to have Marshall or one of their service centers to lay one hand on my 2061X head. If their repair services (in house or not) are anything like Marshall customer support, I surely want no part of their action. Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me. It is "customer support" after all, or is there a new department for people out of warranty called the "GFY department ?" The latter would appear to be the case at least as far as Marshall is concerned. No disrespect intended to you cross.

Latest posts