Marshall down the pan????

• Thread starter gary moore
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gary moore

Reaction score
I was in a paint shop today wearing a Marshall T shirt when a guy told me that Marshall are really struggling for sales etc etc!! After I had stopped laughing he said that he made a few deliverys there and all they had was a skeleton staff??
Can someone confirm that this is bollocks?

PaoloJM

Reaction score
Summer hols maybe.

Where was this guy making deliveries?

Maybe everyone has starting cooking instead of playing Marshalls?

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I was in a paint shop today wearing a Marshall T shirt when a guy told me that Marshall are really struggling for sales etc etc!! After I had stopped laughing he said that he made a few deliverys there and all they had was a skeleton staff??
Can someone confirm that this is bollocks?

I wouldnt worry about it. The economy sucks. Marshall will feel the affects of the consumer holding on to their money. They will survive. Like every other company they will need to stream line and cut out the waste. As long as they take steps to adjust as the market does they will be ok.

bscenefilms

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about it. The economy sucks. Marshall will feel the affects of the consumer holding on to their money. They will survive. Like every other company they will need to stream line and cut out the waste. As long as they take steps to adjust as the market does they will be ok.

I doubt they are suffering...

A buddy of mine owns a boutique amp company and I was talking to him today about how he was doing - He said summer typically sucks but they are still back ordered on all models of the amps they make...

ironlung40

Reaction score
Boo frickety-hoo. Marshall may have to reasonably price some gear now. The reissue 2203 at $2199 is ape-shit. The triple rect from mesa has a ton more features and is only around $1599. Now I know the triple rectumfrier is not an 800 in the tone dept. but it still has a shit ton more features.

bscenefilms

Reaction score
Boo frickety-hoo. Marshall may have to reasonably price some gear now. The reissue 2203 at $2199 is ape-shit. The triple rect from mesa has a ton more features and is only around $1599. Now I know the triple rectumfrier is not an 800 in the tone dept. but it still has a shit ton more features.

Tone > *

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Unfortunately, cutting waste means more of their product will be made in China. I said this a year ago that to stay afloat, Marshall will have to have more product made in China. Eventually that will happen.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
Unfortunately, cutting waste means more of their product will be made in China. I said this a year ago that to stay afloat, Marshall will have to have more product made in China. Eventually that will happen.

what a bunch of shit this whole china thing has turned into. .....I remember one day back in the 90's when Hartley Peavey slamed his fist down on his desk and looked me dead in the eye and said "By-God, there will NEVER be a Peavey product made overseas!"....now look at em......i wish i had that fucking conversation on video.

I guess since the "masses" don't give a shit about quality it fucks those of us who do.

SpiritOfTheAge

Reaction score
I drive past the marshall factory 3 or 4 times a week, and have noticed it getting smaller and smaller, I assumed it was being cleaned on to hot a washing cycle, but it turns out its 'cos skeletons are running it, whoa!

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:fingersx: It comes as no surprise. I mean realistically, how can they expect to compete against Line 6? Just as Wallyfuckmartface predicted.....

:thumb::thumb: TWIN

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
I just played on a NEW Mesa Duel Rec , and they sound alot better than the old ones , someone at the music store told me they are doing the preamp a bit different than what they used to , they are not so " BLAAAA " sounding to me , to be honest with you they sound alot more Marshall now ............still not my sound !

Long Live Marshall Amps !!!

Buggs.Crosby

Reaction score
but I still think most of these amps are overpriced, as is most musical gear imho.

no different than Gibson.......if a made in Korea LTD is selling for a grand on a regular basis then why shouldn't Gibson ask $2500-$3500
same thing with Marshall.....if people are paying over $500 for a Bugera or B52 then why is their amp not worth $1500-$2000?

i do not blame these companies for their pricing....i blame the consumer that fell for the Hype on the product they bought and drove the price of quality gear thru the roof

MKB

Reaction score
Concerning Marshall pricing, if you consider the effects of inflation, it turns out that Marshall heads and combos are now slightly more (but not too much) than they were in the sixties, but cabs are WAY cheaper. Their prices are fairly consistent on most amps; the JCM800 reissues are a bit inflated however.

Marshall makes a much greater variety of amps now than they have in years past. I'd think they are still making roughly the same number of models in the UK plant, when the Vietnamese and India plants are making the rest.