Marshall DSL 401 Slash Tone

• Thread starter MarshallMan01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MarshallMan01

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Since i'm new here,I was wondering,if you could tell me,is is able to get a close Appetite or UYI tone on my little tube amp.

I'm using a LP Studio with Alnico 2 pro pickups.

Thanks
Jay

ItsChrispyTv

Reaction score
I used to have this amp. I couldn't excactly on but this is as close as i got. Its kinda weird settings. Treble-10 middle 4-6 Bass-0 gain 6-10 volume 6 master volume 3, (this is for bedroom volume)

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Since i'm new here,I was wondering,if you could tell me,is is able to get a close Appetite or UYI tone on my little tube amp.

I'm using a LP Studio with Alnico 2 pro pickups.

Thanks
Jay

If you can get ahold of Slash, and have him play on it for ya, it will probably sound very similar to afd/uyi

nightrain

Reaction score
flamesuit.jpg

MarshallMan01

Reaction score
I used to have this amp. I couldn't excactly on but this is as close as i got. Its kinda weird settings. Treble-10 middle 4-6 Bass-0 gain 6-10 volume 6 master volume 3, (this is for bedroom volume)

Dude,that's for the OD1 or OD2?

BTW. Thanks :)

thrawn86

Reaction score
I have this amp, with a Gibson LP Studio with 498/490's.

The answer is No. It will play plenty of hard rock, classic rock and some metal just fine for you. Tone is in the Hat.

Steve0525

Reaction score
Treble-10 Bass-0 gain 6-10

Yup that sums up Slash tone. pure treble, no bass, I mean think about it when he uses the neck pickup it sounds "normal" not super bassy. when its on the bridge pickup its just shrill. Watch the live at the ritz stuff

spiritdave

Reaction score
Yup that sums up Slash tone. pure treble, no bass, I mean think about it when he uses the neck pickup it sounds "normal" not super bassy. when its on the bridge pickup its just shrill. Watch the live at the ritz stuff

Quick question...

You ever seen Slash Live? I have a few times and his guitars sound huge, full of body.

I think most of the people here have not seen him live or simply forget what he sounds like. I have video of Slash ripping it up on stage and it sounds fantastic.

Steve0525

Reaction score
Quick question...

You ever seen Slash Live? I have a few times and his guitars sound huge, full of body.

I think most of the people here have not seen him live or simply forget what he sounds like. I have video of Slash ripping it up on stage and it sounds fantastic.

Oh I love slash and his tone... I was just pointing out it is pretty shrill and very much on the high end...

Reaction score
That guy may help you. He got a good slash tone out of his dsl401.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myYkCZW3-r8]YouTube - Slash's Tone "Sweet Child O'mine Intro" with DSL 401[/ame]

On his channel you can read:

----What is your settings of amp or effects?----

Low gain, High Volume, Trebles are low, Mid and Low is High. That's the tendency of my setting