Marshall Jackhammer pedal......

• Thread starter longfxukxnhair
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I know nothing about this pedal but a friend is offering me one. Can you guys tell me about it?

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
I used a Guv'nor Plus, and it wasn't bad... How much is it ?

Heared some nice things about the jackhammer too, and heared good sounds, you can give it a test drive before buying it.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I used a Guv'nor Plus, and it wasn't bad... How much is it ?

Heared some nice things about the jackhammer too, and heared good sounds, you can give it a test drive before buying it.

He wants $40. I dont use pedals so Im in the dark here.

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
He wants $40. I dont use pedals so Im in the dark here.

For a little more power and a tiny bit of extra gain at lower volumes (around 3) it's cool. 40$ isn't expencive, so give it a try ! But remember, once you've got your first pedal, it becomes an adiction !

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one. It falls somewhere between a Overdrive and a Distortion pedal. I found no practicle use for it but it was one of the first so I bought it. Now if you can get a hold of a old "ShredMaster" pedal, that thing is awesome. It's more like a preamp. I think Marshall stopped making it because it sounded too good. My oldest son has one and it really nails the stack in a box concept. The Jack Hammer is Marshalls answer to a high gain pedal, not for me.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I had one. It falls somewhere between a Overdrive and a Distortion pedal. I found no practicle use for it but it was one of the first so I bought it. Now if you can get a hold of a old "ShredMaster" pedal, that thing is awesome. It's more like a preamp. I think Marshall stopped making it because it sounded too good. My oldest son has one and it really nails the stack in a box concept. The Jack Hammer is Marshalls answer to a high gain pedal, not for me.

I will look into the shredmaster. Thx

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Ya digged it ,huh? Do you know which 6100 you used? I had mine going hard yesterday. My bro was over and he was playing my drums.

Don't know wich type, there was something like 1992-1993 on it. But it wasn't a 30th aniverserry edition for sure.

I will look into the shredmaster. Thx

I own a shredmaster clone, yeah pretty awsome pedal! At least 10 times better than a jackhammer !! If you could get one of those you'll love it till death!

Birk

Reaction score
Where did you get a shredmaster clone?
Did you build it yourself or is someone offering it?

NateCordova

Reaction score
Don't know wich type, there was something like 1992-1993 on it. But it wasn't a 30th aniverserry edition for sure.

I tried a 6100LM with el34 today. Its awesome too! Isnt it really ballsy and crunchy and the cleans are so fucking cool too????

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score

I tried a 6100LM with el34 today. Its awesome too! Isnt it really ballsy and crunchy and the cleans are so fucking cool too????

The LM runs the 6l6's. The original 6100 and the blue version run the el34.

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score

Yeah it's pretty cool, but I saw a side by side vid of the JCM 800 and the 6100 and the 800 blew it away on the cleans, I didn't heared the dirty channel in that vid, BTW.

LesPaulopolis

Reaction score
I've got an "in between model" '93 non-LM 6100 (black tolex) w/ 6L6s.

So, if you see 5881s/6L6s in a 6100, it is not 100% certain to be a LM model.

Latest posts