• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall JCM 800 Model 4212/Gibson LP

• Thread starter jaygl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaygl

Reaction score
A video of my Marshall JCM 800 4212 combo. I love the crunch and bite of this amp. Perfect rock/classic rock amp and can growl with an OD up front. Video is straight into amp and a mix of camera and Zoom H1 audio. If there was a fire and I could grab just one....this amp would be it.
Any other 4212 owners here? Lets give these oldies some love.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv8qBmae2vI

Guitar-Sam

Reaction score
What tubes in your amp?? My 86 2210 had tungsram 12ax7s and rft el34s from marshall.

Mushroomking

Reaction score
These amps rock! I have the same amp and love it. I put a pair of G12H-30 speakers in it and run it on top of a Marshall 2X15 cab and it sounds great.

plexilespaul

Reaction score
A video of my Marshall JCM 800 4212 combo. I love the crunch and bite of this amp. Perfect rock/classic rock amp and can growl with an OD up front. Video is straight into amp and a mix of camera and Zoom H1 audio. If there was a fire and I could grab just one....this amp would be it.
Any other 4212 owners here? Lets give these oldies some love.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv8qBmae2vI

great crunch from these amps!!

jaygl

Reaction score
4212 is a crunch beast for sure. Has a really punchy "clean" channel too. Not the same sparkle as Fender , but very useable and has it's own voice IMO. I see these split channel combos getting bashed alot because of the diodes in them, and have to wonder if the complainers have ever actually played one. Mine is an "87, the same year as the coveted silver jubilee...which I recently learned has a very similar circuit in it, clipping diodes and all. So what's the deal? Silver faceplate and tolex, with clipping diodes equals holy grail tone,collectable and desired, while the same circuit with black covering and gold face, built the same year, equals garbage? I've seen all the videos of the jubilee's, and they sound great, but no better than, the 4212's IMHO.

Guitar-Sam

Reaction score
Yea the 2205/2210(+combos)have a very different circuit from the Jubilee. I had a 2554 and the best part about that amp IMO was when it sold for $950 on eBay. Lol To me,the 2210 is like a 2203 with a ts808 built in sound wise. The Jubilee is bright and fizzy and has a ton of bite. I wouldn't mind a jubilee for recording certain parts but would hate having to spend a whole show gigging one.

jaygl

Reaction score
Ya, I've heard that many people find the 4212 fizy, but, I don't hear it. I had a jcm 900 dual reverb 100 watt combo for a bit....talk about fizzy,,,,

Latest posts