Marshall Jcm 800 Value?

• Thread starter Revsynyster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Revsynyster

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first proper post, I hope it's in the right section? been around looking on here for a while now but I'm after some advice. I have a Marshall jcm 800 2204 50w in white leather I got this amp about 20 years ago now, complete with 2x. 2x12 cabinets. I just recently got it serviced but it never ever gets used it just sits looking sorry for it's self ha ha I'm sure I checked the serial number with Marshall years ago and it's from 1982. I'm just wondering if anybody knew the value? It's not in immaculate condition it's got a few bumps over the years. It just seems a shame sitting doing nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I can't seem to upload any pics or links to pictures at the moment but will sort that as soon as possible

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first proper post, I hope it's in the right section? been around looking on here for a while now but I'm after some advice. I have a Marshall jcm 800 2204 50w in white leather I got this amp about 20 years ago now, complete with 2x. 2x12 cabinets. I just recently got it serviced but it never ever gets used it just sits looking sorry for it's self ha ha I'm sure I checked the serial number with Marshall years ago and it's from 1982. I'm just wondering if anybody knew the value? It's not in immaculate condition it's got a few bumps over the years. It just seems a shame sitting doing nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I can't seem to upload any pics or links to pictures at the moment but will sort that as soon as possible
Welcome to the forum, you need a certain amount of posts before you can upload photos, not sure what the value would be, but I do know that the GC by my house has a 2205 with matching 412 cab in white and they want 2,200$ for the half stack , there are more knowledgeable members here than I am to give a better assessment of it’s worth

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum...

I would say a 2204 in great condition of that year with no mods might bring 1400-1600.00. As the condition degrades so does the price obviously. Add great condition cabs and speakers, maybe another 400-600.00 per cab.

Revsynyster

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I will add some pics when it allows then, ok cool price was sort of what I was thinking, decision if I should sell or not is the hard bit now!

Revsynyster

Reaction score
I have just had a really good play on it and decided not to sell, it just sounds too good, just got to make sure I get some use out of from time to time, I have a quick question on the speaker impedance, the cabs are 8ohms each do I set the amp to 8ohm or 16ohms if I'm using both the cabs? I only really used to run it on 8 with one cab connected.

K2JLX

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just had a really good play on it and decided not to sell, it just sounds too good, just got to make sure I get some use out of from time to time, I have a quick question on the speaker impedance, the cabs are 8ohms each do I set the amp to 8ohm or 16ohms if I'm using both the cabs? I only really used to run it on 8 with one cab connected.

Both 8 ohm cabs will be 4 ohms. One alone 8.

Revsynyster

Reaction score
Just had the back off the cabs and they are celestion g12-65 the impedance says 15ohms? I take it these won't be the original speakers? Should I run the amp at 16ohm with these?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Just had the back off the cabs and they are celestion g12-65 the impedance says 15ohms? I take it these won't be the original speakers? Should I run the amp at 16ohm with these?

They are probably wired in parallel which means the impedance is 8 ohms. Run one cab at 8 ohms and you set the amp to 8 ohms. Run two 8 ohm cabs together and you set the amp to 4 ohms.

Revsynyster

Reaction score
They are probably wired in parallel which means the impedance is 8 ohms. Run one cab at 8 ohms and you set the amp to 8 ohms. Run two 8 ohm cabs together and you set the amp to 4 ohms.
Perfect thanks, just checked wiring diagram and it is parallel, will it cause and damage if they aren't run on the correct impedance? Say ran both cabs on 8ohms?

Revsynyster

Reaction score
The cabinet says 8ohms on the back but I'm not sure if the speakers are the factory speakers?