Marshall Jubilee channel mod?

• Thread starter mxr2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moving Air

Reaction score
mine its a 89 model, i owned a Silver jubilee but found the 1989 to be more tuneful and creamier..

Whoa! can the '89 model play Nightrain then? Only joking, just cant believe it'll be twenty-five years since I walked into my local music shop and said "What's the idea behind that grey Marshall stack then?"

ddaxe

Reaction score
Whoa! can the '89 model play Nightrain then? Only joking, just cant believe it'll be twenty-five years since I walked into my local music shop and said "What's the idea behind that grey Marshall stack then?"

I hear ya there... I've had my 2555 since 88... it would seem that some of the colour from the Jub has start to creep into my hair... WTF.. lol..

mxr2000

Reaction score
I see that you use a Mesa studio like me and I only wish my jubilee to be as versatile like the Studio preamp if you compare the preamp section, you can get a hell a lot of different sounds with only 2 channels and a guitar.
Sure the studio pre was made using the Mark iic preamp section as reference that its the close you could get to the Other amp as legendary as the Jubilee from the 80's the Mark iic+.

Moving Air

Reaction score
I see that you use a Mesa studio like me and I only wish my jubilee to be as versatile like the Studio preamp if you compare the preamp section, you can get a hell a lot of different sounds with only 2 channels and a guitar.
Sure the studio pre was made using the Mark iic preamp section as reference that its the close you could get to the Other amp as legendary as the Jubilee from the 80's the Mark iic+.

Yeah the Studio Pre Amp is a very underrated piece of kit imho, but if you've got one of those, have you thought of using a loop selector? the Mesa does the cleans and the Jub does... well what it does :) Plus you'd have the bonus option of the Mesa Lead for added variation. I used to use mine like that a while back and the mix of Mesa pre and Marshall power sounded really nice.

jorual

Reaction score
I think the gain is fine for what its for as an amp...
after you perform the mod on yours tell about your finds on tone,dynamics and versatility

The sound is the same to the original one.

The only one difference I can hear is that it has more body a bit more of punch/sustain and this is what I was expecting.:wave:

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Yeah the Studio Pre Amp is a very underrated piece of kit imho, but if you've got one of those, have you thought of using a loop selector? the Mesa does the cleans and the Jub does... well what it does :) Plus you'd have the bonus option of the Mesa Lead for added variation. I used to use mine like that a while back and the mix of Mesa pre and Marshall power sounded really nice.

I had a Studio preamp and sold it. Didn't like it that much. My DSL sounds better IMO.

mxr2000

Reaction score
The best piece of gear for the price from any company, man if you hook up using the return of a Jubilee or 2210 from the 80's you can do a hell a lot of things 80's marshall power section is perfect for any preamp, some people way back in the 80's modded their Plexi amps to use Effects Loop just to get fantastic sounds this way both live or studio, Metallica was one of them..

mxr2000

Reaction score
The sound is the same to the original one.

The only one difference I can hear is that it has more body a bit more of punch/sustain and this is what I was expecting.:wave:
there was a small change on the circuit on those amp. something that i don't understand is way pay a lot money for an amp with just a silver faceplate if the sound its almost the same..

mxr2000

Reaction score
I had a Studio preamp and sold it. Didn't like it that much. My DSL sounds better IMO.
Both Mesa Studio pre and Jubilee are different beast with different sounds. to be honest I am a huge fan from Marshall gear from the start to 1990.