Marshall JVM 410h

• Thread starter JCChicken88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JCChicken88

Reaction score
It worked when it left my house. Such a little problem such as reverb don't u think I would've addressed that before shipping it to u? I have a world renown amp tech 5 mins from my house (big crunch). I would've took it there no problem if there was anything wrong with the amp. You have been nothing but shady since I first started negotiations with u about this amp. I shouldve expected this. But im just not gonna give u your money back based on your word, I don't even know you!

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
Sorry, none of my business. I just thought it might be an easy fix on the reverb tank. I don't even know there IS a reverb tank on that amp. I'll shut up now.

JCChicken88

Reaction score
It's a digital reverb. And idk what else to say other then it was working when It left my house.

Frankv

Reaction score
Like new condition and has never been gigged, maybe 20 hours on it. Footswitch included. Looking for $1,100 OBO or ideally a trade for a EVH 5153. I'm located in Maryland.

OK guys, I just have to do this because I don't want anyone else to get Fu$ked but this guy.. OK... See the quote above. That was what I was agreeing to purchase and fully trusted that was what I was getting. Afterall, we are forum members together right?

Initially I thought I had resolved the matter with him but after getting a report (with photos) from Voodoo amps I am afraid I really got a royal screwing by this guy. Below is the email I got from Voodoo amps detailing what is wrong with this (like new 20 hours) amp.. Check it out.. I'll post the photo proof later.

QUOTE FROM CINDY AT VOODOO

"Hi Frank!

Per your conversation with Trace this morning, we are not sending you a video, just pictures of the amp – they are attached.

I will briefly describe each picture (in order)

1. Resistor changed
2. Resistor on the board was cut
3. Shorting leads are over exerted
4. Same as #3 but on the other jacks
5. Glued FX Loop button
6. Same as #5 but on second button
7. Bad soldering on Tube Socket
8. This is where the Reverb Board should be"

END QUOTE

What can I say but just WOW.. The only thing I can do about this is flood the forums with news about this guy so no one ever gets screwed again. I am looking at a complete replacement of the motherboard, reverb board and all the labor involved.

What I find just incredible is this guy actually had the balls to tell me he checked the reverb and it worked before he shipped the amp.. That is impossible since the reverb board isn't even in this amp anymore.

It's a digital reverb. And idk what else to say other then it was working when It left my house.

And this one....

When that amp left me the reverb worked without a hitch! U can't just go blasting me in a public forum over your idea that the reverb now doesn't work. I can't just believe u that it doesn't work now when it just worked 4 days ago so......I just can't believe something magically broke in transit. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just know what I heard just 4 when I played it for 2 hours before boxing it up.

I suppose this guy really doesn't know what reverb sounds like.. Must be right?

So, take this as a work of warning. There are people out there that don't give a shit what they do to others.

Frankv

Reaction score
And here are the photos.

1. Resistor changed

20140718_163700_zpsweompjaq.jpg

2. Resistor on the board was Cut out

20140718_163712_zpsxegaymlk.jpg

3. Shorting leads are over exerted

20140718_163736_zps837nbgxo.jpg

4. Same as #3 but on the other jacks

20140718_163750_zpsdasayqey.jpg

5. Glued FX Loop button

20140718_163801_zpsqbgncajg.jpg

6. Same as #5 but on second button

20140718_163813_zpszikvytl1.jpg

7. Bad soldering on Tube Socket

20140718_163822_zpsfxmz3u0c.jpg

8. This is where the Reverb Board should be"

20140718_163838_zpsimazwhvx.jpg

So there you have it guys. Be very careful out there.

Last edited:

Frankv

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Photo's don't lie much at all. Definitely some obvious problems in there.

Total and complete shock to me as I never expected this at all... I even found this over at the JVMforum.

jcchicken88 said:
Perfect condition 410H. No mods, everything in perfect working and no blemishes anywhere on the amp or footswitch. Only selling Cus it does way too much than I need Lol. Will trade for a EVH 5153 or sell for $1100 obo. I'm located in Maryland and will ship.

No Mods? What?

Last edited:

lovehifi

Reaction score
Did you pay through paypal so you can go after a refund by filing a claim? So sorry this happened to you. Some people!

Frankv

Reaction score
Did you pay through paypal so you can go after a refund by filing a claim? So sorry this happened to you. Some people!

It'smy fault. I should have purchased youR 410h...See what happens when you go for a cheaper price. I know your amp was flawless.

Thanks so much for your concern. It's very much appreciated

Last edited:

Frankv

Reaction score
Guys, I have to add something here. The moderators here have been absolutely fantastic in trying to resolve this. I was really surprised when Led Zep Fan, a super mod over at my home forum mylespaul, started the ball rolling. I have heard from a few mods already, all extremely interested in the details of what happened here. I suppose when you have a con man in the house it has an effect..

Bottom line is this. I don't expect I will get a resolution because no one can force this guy to compensate... Even making a report here won't matter cause all he has to do is change his name when he joins other forums. Surfice to say Voodoo will make the amp right and it will sound terrific... It just has become a very expensive JVM 410h. I sure hope I like it...