Marshall jvm setting sound like pleix ( Unbelievably good) turn your gain knob just up alitte and go from their.

• Thread starter martin123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

martin123

Reaction score
On your Marshall JVM On 0D2 (orange mode) Turn your volume channel knob all the way up (10). Turn your mid all the way up. Turn your (resodence) all the way up And turn your master control knob to preferred Volume level.. The amp will not sound compressed any more.. It will kick the h*** out of any Marshall doing this.. And I don't care if it's a plexi, 800, slx 900 The Marshall JVM clean and dirty is the best Amp they ever made in my opinion.. I hope you like this Go to : Johan Segeborn (Marshall Jvm sound like a plexi)

shooto

Reaction score
nice…I don’t have a JVM but I’ve always used that “trick” with all my amps …dime vol, pre to taste, master low to taste …opens everything up

spacerocker

Reaction score
On your Marshall JVM On 0D2 (orange mode) Turn your volume channel knob all the way up (10). Turn your mid all the way up. Turn your (resodence) all the way up And turn your master control knob to preferred Volume level.. The amp will not sound compressed any more.. It will kick the h*** out of any Marshall doing this.. And I don't care if it's a plexi, 800, slx 900 The Marshall JVM clean and dirty is the best Amp they ever made in my opinion.. I hope you like this Go to : Johan Segeborn (Marshall Jvm sound like a plexi)

You have missed the most important thing! In the Segeborn clip, he sets the GAIN very, very low....On a JVM (except the JS model) it makes no difference whether you set the channel volume high and the master volume low, or vice versa, because they are both straight after the pre-amp section, and before the power amp section, and on a JVM most of the gain comes from the pre-amp!

The GAIN control affects the signal INTO the pre-amp. A very low gain setting will reduce the amount of clipping and compression and gives the great sounds Johan is getting in the clip...

Force235

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I will try this...