• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall MOSFET 3210. Marshall SS Fans Unite.

• Thread starter Neptical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neptical

Reaction score
I remember picking up my first 3210 from a local fella selling his. I can remember him saying " no matter what amp you plug in to, you'll always come back to this one".

To this day, it couldn't be any more true. Of ALL my amps, I've (honestly) built my entire rig around these amps. This includes my full pedal board and external EQ.

These amps truly offer a warmth, depth and tightness that my tube amps just don't have. Basically, these amps solidified my stamp of approval for SS.

I binged for these (x6) and grabbed a 3315 as well. I own a good share of heads and combos (Boogie's, Fender's and Peavey's). I will ABSOLUTELY say, these amps have ZERO problem in outperforming tube amps. That's ANY of my Mark III Boogies, Dual Rectifier Rev G, JCM 900 SL-X, JCM 2000 DSL50/DSL100, 50w SLP Plexi, Origin 50, and many others. With that said, grab one now. Don't walk...run.

Please share your love of Marshall SS.

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I say I got lucky on mine, I have 2 3210’s
The first one was a CL find in Huntington Beach.
I bought it with a white mg cab, $350.00
The second one was off of GC online $200.00.
Both are from 1986 with the faded grill cloth.
I run them as a part of my 2 rigs
Dsl40c’s .. and the Origin rig,, I feed them from FX send into the instrument in on the front of the amp. They really deliver what I want from them in this configuration..

Cheers
Mitch

Neptical

Reaction score
I’m halfway on board LOL. My 3203/4203 Artists have a similar solid state preamp section as the 3210/MOSFETS but with a tube power amp. Ads some warmth and tube dynamics to the tone.

Marshall got solid state right in the 80’s.
The only thing that has kept me away from the 3203 is strictly below 50w. Lol Playing with heavy hitting drummers being the reason. However, I may need one for home use just because I've never had one. And I mean, can't have too many Marshalls... right? 😆

Neptical

Reaction score
I scored this 5213 last month for $200 and I’ve been playing it nonstop. This amp with its V30’s punches my gut so hard when it’s up at band volumes.
View attachment 126075

BEAUTACIOUS! My 3210s and 3315 sound the absolute BEST through my Soldano V30 cab. Super tight, warm and punchy. That combo is unstoppable! The MOSFETS have a warmth and tightness that my Marshall tubes don't have. Totally their own sound being SS.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
I’m halfway on board LOL. My 3203/4203 Artists have a similar solid state preamp section as the 3210/MOSFETS but with a tube power amp. Ads some warmth and tube dynamics to the tone.

Marshall got solid state right in the 80’s.
After my 3210 i saved up for my first 3203.

Those amps are the closest from the "formerly known budget 80s Marshalls" to almost nail the 2204 sound. Also they are the closest to nail the Jose modded sound.

To be honest, they blew away any unmodded 2205 i had. By a mile.

I made the stupid mistake once to trade a 3203 against a 4100DR in a parkinglot.

Worst mistake i made, ampwise!

But there always must be a problem.

The powertransformers are prone to fail.
So either dont push it for too long or
buy a spec'd up PT, if they are still available
nowadays.