• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 3315 - Pulled the BEAST back out.

• Thread starter Neptical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neptical

Reaction score
@bigheadstocklover I agree with @Maggot Brain . Clean all the ins and outs, then try jumping the fx loop with a patch cable. I do use a Marshall foot switch to switch channels as well.

Well wtf! I don't recall these!

My new love for 80s MarSShall amps has me dying to find one of these now!... My Peavey Supreme is 160watts and it's probably one of the loudest damn amps I have ever heard, probably louder than a 1959!

You ain't kidding when you call it a Beast... How much are these generally going for?

You have a new goal to hunt down one of these now. It's a GINORMOUS sound. I will be straight honest, A LOT bigger tonally than a 3210 which I think still sounds fantasic. But this is where you definitely hear AND feel bigger iron coming in to play especially 'cuz solid state.

CC 6100

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to fire up the 3315. Probably the only amp aside from my other 3210s that hasn't been fired up in awhile. Good lord, it sounds HUGE. 150w SS that easily competes against even any tube amp I own ( hello Rev. g Dual Rec). Quite a bit of difference versus the 3210s with that big iron. Fantastic cleans, big grindy dirt. I would love to put this next to a JCM 800. I had an offer on another one two years ago that I kind of wish I had grabbed. Dang!

Anyone else ever get ahold of one? Rare as hens teeth. Grab one if you see one.

Next time you fire it up, you think you could record and post a couple of audio clips?

Neptical

Reaction score
Next time you fire it up, you think you could record and post a couple of audio clips?

Other than showing off the normal Marshall kerrang, the audio clips won't do that amp justice. That big iron thump needs to be experienced in person standing in front of the cab with a few chunky chords. It has all the JCM DNA you could want.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than showing off the normal Marshall kerrang, the audio clips won't do that amp justice. That big iron thump needs to be experienced in person standing in front of the cab with a few chunky chords. It has all the JCM DNA you could want.
Too bad that amp is so rare. Makes it kinda hard to experience in person. Party at Nep’s house!

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
Some bad news on mine, I tried everything mentioned on this thread to no avail, so I took it to a shop. Here's what they said...
"
Hi John

I cracked into your amp today. It has an issue with the power supply. Not sure just yet exactly what is happening but there are two main fuses off of the power transformer ( unfortunately small hard soldered fuses which i dont have in stock and also i have to disassemble things to replace) that are blown. The secondary windings of the power transformer might also be shorted. I have to spend some more time to determine that exactly.

so i guess i am writing to see what kind of budget you have in mind for this repair. i feel pretty sure it is fixable but could be a 200-250$ job plus quite a bit more if the transformer needs to be replaced (usually a 75-100$ part)."

This amp is super cool but not sure this makes sense to repair.

shane k

Reaction score
yeah seems pretty odd, especially since the amp is so clean inside and out. I will make a thread over there. So just verifying, I don't need a footswitch plugged in for this amp to work, right? Without a footswitch, how do I know which channel I'm even one, there's no manual channel switching on these? Thanks so much.
I own a 3315, I also don't have the footswitch, I have a lead plugged into the footswitch jack to switch channels. It definitely works without a switch. Got it going through a JCM Lead Series 4x4 Quad box.

Does anyone here know of a footswitch that would be compatible with the 3315 head?

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 3315, I also don't have the footswitch, I have a lead plugged into the footswitch jack to switch channels. It definitely works without a switch. Got it going through a JCM Lead Series 4x4 Quad box.

Does anyone here know of a footswitch that would be compatible with the 3315 head?
:shrug: Sorry but I am just not familiar with this amp.
:welcome:
To The Forum