Marshall Silver Jubilee recorded with 2 Load Boxes...

• Thread starter Anand Mahangoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
In this video I am comparing these 2 great Load Boxes known for using great "correct" Impedance Curves.
I really love using my tube amp with a load box and using Speaker Impulses :
- Silent recording in my apartment
- Crank the amp
- Tons of Speaker Impulses to choose from instead of 1 physical cab only.
- Audience and I hear the same sound instead of me hearing an Amp in the Room sound with a real Cab and Audience a miked Cab through FOH.
- Playing In Ear with the Theater Tour , no real Cab allowed ;)

Signal chain : Gibson LP - Marshall Silver Jubilee - Load Box Speaker In - Load Box XLR out - Fractal Audio FM3 Input 2 Balanced IN - Cab Block - Output 1 S/Pdif - RME Fireface .

For more obvious differences , please listen with headphones :)

Let me know if you prefer one above the other !
Thanks !

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
They are extremely close, but I prefer the Suhr. It is a bit more defined and clear on the top end. Great comparison video!
Wow thanks mate !! Finally someone with good ears :) I also prefer the Suhr and sent back the Fractal for the same reasons….. what I can’t show is the FEEL….Suhr just feels bit more natural to me !

Last edited:

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Cool video, thanks for taking the time! Gotta wonder how much the 'differences' between all these units can be negated by a slight nudge of a tone knob....
Thanks man, the Suhr has a bit more low end which can be dialed in with a bit more bass of course but the main thing is get the natural sound what the Suhr has a bit more than the Fractal which has something over it what sounds bit less natural and the feel of course. None of this can be dialed in with the BMT controls.

Thanks again man !