Marshall Silver Jubilee

• Thread starter rjtm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rjtm

Reaction score
This thread is great. Just got a Jube and the thread is a great help in getting to know this amp. It may have it's short comings ( I think every amp does because there isn't one that can do it all ). However, the tone on this is amazing !

Yeah this thread is the thread that made me decide to get a jube, and now after getting a Jube I look back and actually know what everyone is talking about (before I knew almost nothing). We should do a thing like every jube owner post your eq settings just for experimental purposes. That would actually be really cool

ddaxe

Reaction score
I have owned my Jub many years... I've tried many pedals wih it over the years.. and the only thing I can say that works for me now... is just adding more gain via the preamp section of the newer Boss GT 10 I really like to crank the volume to about 6 and hold it back with the effects level, having opened for many "A" bands and talking to the techs.. I have been on the clearer sounding balls out sound because many arenas have alot of natural reverb... and having too much out front makes you sound like your playing out in the parking lot.. lol and the Jub teamed up with another Marshall sound wicked....

Axeologist

Reaction score
The Silver Jubilee is a 2 Channel amp, and you can activate the diode clipping that uses diode for crunch and distorted sound.
And there's no differences between the Slash jubilee and the Silver Jubilee.
:dude:

I love how the first post reply in every Jubilee thread talks about the diode clipping... Get over it... I don't care what it is that makes that incredibly warm smooth, ass kicking lead channel tone. It kills.

I have 2 Jubilees. They are without a doubt the best amps on the planet for me. The Jubes before SN# 03000 sound thinner and the 50w sounds a little different so listen to a 2555 after SN#03000 (best after 05000) before you judge these amps.

The Jubilee is a 2 channel amp. Yep! 2 channel. Let me say that again. 2 CHANNEL. I merged my channel footswitch with a loop pedal. I ran it through the effects loop. In the loop I run an MXR10 EQ pedal. Now you have a separate volume and EQ for your clean channel. Works great for me.

The clean channel of the Jubilee is stunning. If you don't think so then you probably need to change your tubes. Try Tung-sol preamp (7025 in V1) and SED winged =C= power tubes with a medium bias. (thanks jcmjmp for helping me figure out which tubes work best for me). You will find a warm, Fat, shimmering clean.

OK. my 2 cents. I feel better...:hippie:

rjtm

Reaction score
haha i already got a jubilee and I have one this was from a long time ago

Sir Don

Reaction score
I just took a closer looke at my Jubilee, the serial number starts with 08xxx and on the chassis it's date marked February 1988. Must have been one of the very last ones made, it's the silver tolex.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I have 2 Jubilees. They are without a doubt the best amps on the planet for me. The Jubes before SN# 03000 sound thinner and the 50w sounds a little different so listen to a 2555 after SN#03000 (best after 05000) before you judge these amps.

Really? Would you care to explain why that is? There's is no difference between a 3000 serial number jube and a 5000 serial number jube.

The clean channel of the Jubilee is stunning. If you don't think so then you probably need to change your tubes. Try Tung-sol preamp (7025 in V1) and SED winged =C= power tubes with a medium bias. (thanks jcmjmp for helping me figure out which tubes work best for me). You will find a warm, Fat, shimmering clean.

No problem. The Jubilee really shines with a 7025 in V1 IMO. I have JJ tubes in mine right now but when they wear out, I'll definitely go for the =C= EL34s.

rjtm

Reaction score
Apparently there was a slight preamp flaw in the ones with serial numbers before 3000 but it can be easily fixed. After that their all the same though

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Apparently there was a slight preamp flaw in the ones with serial numbers before 3000 but it can be easily fixed. After that their all the same though

I understood Axeologist saying to try a 3000+ serial number and a 5000+ serial number jube. There is no difference between the two.

Axeologist

Reaction score
I understood Axeologist saying to try a 3000+ serial number and a 5000+ serial number jube. There is no difference between the two.

Yes. You are correct. I meant to say that the pre 3000's sounding different. I had one that was 00300 and I noticed a real difference with reduced bass and less OD.

3000 and over just seam to have it all together.

BarryMClark

Reaction score
Sorry for breathing life into a long dead thread, but I am looking at the Jubilee and I have a question and it sort of falls in line with what has been going on here. I am a HUGE fan of the DSL100 head. The tone in the Gain/Ultra Gain, for me, is to die for. Simple answer. Right? Get a DSL100. Problem solved. However... I want to build an amp from a kit. I have heard videos of the Jubilee being used and, for what they were being used for, they really sounded good.

On the DSL, I tend to leave the pre-gain at about 2 or 3 on the gain channel. Lots of grunt and chunk in there for 90's era metal but I can easily lean back and play some AC/DC or Rush with doing little more than changing how I play.

Ceriatone has a kit available for the Jube. How does the Jub stack up to the gain channel of the DSL?

Thanks, guys!

growboxguy

Reaction score
I also have a 2550x which has separate gain controls. An original jubilee could be modded with concentric knobs (no drilling) and have separate lead/clean gain controls.

Can you please provide more info on this mod? Thanks so much!

Vinsanitizer

aka "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually,the diodes are active at all times. There are two different sets of diodes that can be switched between for different voicings.

Great amps, a bit over priced IMO. They are kind of the next generation following two different gens of JCM 800 2205/2210, which I prefer.

Quick 2210 Clip: Download 09 Fall To Me Solo - MP3 Ringtone 09 Fall To Me Solo by David C. Hopkins - Free Music Hosting

Best to you.

David :cheers:

Refer to ENTRY #7 for correct DATA.

God I miss my 2205 and 2210. :(

growboxguy

Reaction score
Really? Would you care to explain why that is? There's is no difference between a 3000 serial number jube and a 5000 serial number jube.

No problem. The Jubilee really shines with a 7025 in V1 IMO. I have JJ tubes in mine right now but when they wear out, I'll definitely go for the =C= EL34s.

I went with TAD EL34B's in my 2553, I couldn't be happier so far!