• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall ST 20 vrs 2245

• Thread starter Fosheti
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fosheti

Reaction score
Can anyone differentiate between these 2 amps. I own a st 20 and love it so much im thinking of adding a 2245 to my collection. I believe the 2245 has a tube rectifier vrs a solid state rectifier for the st 20 and is 30 watts vrs 20. Im interested in tone variations from someone who has played both.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Can anyone differentiate between these 2 amps. I own a st 20 and love it so much im thinking of adding a 2245 to my collection. I believe the 2245 has a tube rectifier vrs a solid state rectifier for the st 20 and is 30 watts vrs 20. Im interested in tone variations from someone who has played both.
I have a JTM45 Reissue, and have only played the ST20 in a local Guitar Center. I was underwhelmed with the ST20, but that's just my take.

Fosheti

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I got a st 20 head. I kinda like it. Im playing it into a 1x12 cabinet with a creamback. It really has a beautiful tone. It takes a distortion pedal really well. The effects loop it quite nice. There is virtually no noise coming from this amp. Its as clean as it gets. I did replace the knobs with some traditional white Marshall knobs. Im 65 and I couldn’t see the black ones it came with. Thats probably the only complaint I have. Im playing a Tobacco Standard Les Paul through it. With the distortion pedal at about 4 it yields a great Allman Brothers sound. I have it stacked on top of a sv 20 so I can switch back and forth. Gives a good array of tones between the two.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a st 20 head ... Im playing it into a 1x12 cabinet with a creamback ... Im playing a Tobacco Standard Les Paul through it ... I have it stacked on top of a sv 20 so I can switch back and forth.
:photos: (rules are rules) :D

Latest posts