Marshall Studio Series, which is the best?

• Thread starter Michael Roe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

dro

Reaction score
If you're talking about the mini Jubilee, it doesn't sound any more like it's larger version than the SC20 sounds like it's larger version, they're low wattage amps. They're as close as one could expect, given their size.

Agreed. My friend had an original Silver Jubilee 1987. I didn't really click with it. I opted for first the JCM800, Then The JMP2204. The Mini Jube is similar to the big brother Just as the SC20 is similar to the JCM800. When I played the SV20, it did nothing for me at all. I really like the SC20 for what it is. I really like the mini Jubilee for what it is. But those who have never played the original. Won't know the difference. For me, the 4 holer I like is the JTM45 I want that GZ34 rectifier. Would be slick to see a ST20 with the GZ34. But the little 20 watters, in that small little box. Already run hot enough as it is. I think adding another bottle would melt the thing down. Is that not why the original head box was so large to begin with?

dro

Reaction score

Was getting power Both channels jumped. When on full melt it wasn't bad. But backed off to get clean. It just wasn't there for me. Was playing through an EVH 2x12. Only thing I could find at the store that had a lower wattage cab. Could it have been the speakers? Sure. I had allot more fun with the SC20 though. If that one had've been out when I got the Mini Jubilee. I Likely would've went that direction. All that said. I'd still rather have the JTM45 at a gig any day. Only reason looking at the smaller amps is ease of travel. And smaller footprint at a venue. Seeing how things are now. It don't really matter. Recording, the JTM and JMP are still my go to. I've spent enough money over the past 40 years to know. If you want THAT sound. THAT'S how you get it. Everything else is just a "B" to the "A". A substitute. Something you'll put up with in a certain situation. Have used some pretty crappy backline stuff in the past. Did the gig. I'm sure the only one who could tell was me. But me is who I play for.

Sustainium

Reaction score
Was getting power Both channels jumped. When on full melt it wasn't bad. But backed off to get clean. It just wasn't there for me. Was playing through an EVH 2x12. Only thing I could find at the store that had a lower wattage cab. Could it have been the speakers? Sure. I had allot more fun with the SC20 though. If that one had've been out when I got the Mini Jubilee. I Likely would've went that direction. All that said. I'd still rather have the JTM45 at a gig any day. Only reason looking at the smaller amps is ease of travel. And smaller footprint at a venue. Seeing how things are now. It don't really matter. Recording, the JTM and JMP are still my go to. I've spent enough money over the past 40 years to know. If you want THAT sound. THAT'S how you get it. Everything else is just a "B" to the "A". A substitute. Something you'll put up with in a certain situation. Have used some pretty crappy backline stuff in the past. Did the gig. I'm sure the only one who could tell was me. But me is who I play for.
Thanks for the in-depth reply, good to hear opinions from players who have experience.

Latest posts