Marshall Tribute Concert

• Thread starter Username2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Username2

Reaction score
Anyone else here in the USA planing on going to the 50 years of loud concert at Wembley Stadium on September 22? It is going to be unbelievable.

Looks like there will be somewhat of a house band with many hall of fame guitarists coming in to pay tribute to Jim for the show. Don't think for a minute this show won't have the biggest wall of Marshall's ever assembled on a stage. Also the emotion in this show along with the egos should yield historic performances.

Brian Tichy (Billy Idol, Foreigner, and Ozzy Osbourne, Seether, Velvet Revolver, Foreigner) looks to be a lock holding down the drum duties for the night along with Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden.

Singers so far look to be Corey Taylor (Slipknot) Glenn Hughes, and Tim "Ripper" Owens from Judas Priest,

I know more names are going to be added to the list of guitarists as things get worked out. Just wanted to find out if anyone else is making plans for the show other then our brothers in the UK.

Players so far I know of
Glenn Hughes
Phil Campbell
Doug Aldrich
Billy Duffy
Paul Gilbert
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe Satriani
Zakk Wylde

More people are being added. Would be cool to add other Marshall players like Jimmy Page, Robin Trower, Jef Beck, Mick Ralphs, Slash, Frank Hannon, and Micheal Schenker to the lineup.

gdh1532

Reaction score
I ain't going but it looks like a cluster of guitar gurus. should be pretty good.

Username2

Reaction score
Contrary to what people think Marshall does not give away amps to artists either. They might get them at a very good price but not free. As you might imagine there are contract and copyright issues to be worked out for each artist to perform.

Last edited:

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
The most famous Marshall advocate will be there in spirit, I'm sure...

RIP Jim

RIP Jimi

Hendrix.jpg

Username2

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I'd love to be there, but there's just no way. ...guess I'll have to wait for the DVD. :(

...there will be a DVD right??? :fingersx:

Word is that the show will be filmed in HD, however as you might imagine there becomes copyright and contract issues so I am not positive. I have a Zoom Q3HD so I know I will capture what I can.

bvoris

Reaction score
It falls on my birthday think I have a snowballs chance in hell of going though.

matt3310

Reaction score
If anyone else is going, lets meet up! I'll be there for a week. Going to the Marshall factory on the Thursday before the concert.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'll be there! Already got my tickets, flight and hotel booked!! Cant wait!!

Just a reminder, but you might want to research nearby shipping companies ... I'm looking forward to the thread "NGD - UK style!" :cheers: