MarshallForum song, how wanna participate?

• Thread starter maxime1122
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maxime1122

Reaction score
I agree. We should make it a little less time, or else the song would become way too long and boring after a while.

Another cool thing about this is that we can see different tones of different amps. You should make a youtube video with the song and on each solo there should be the name of the amp and settings (if their available) of the amp. It would be cool to see all of the different sounds of different marshalls

Yeah, I've done 50 secs, because I don't know how much people will participate.

If needed, I can cut the solo riff in half... So about 25 secs/each!

+1 for the video

:h5:

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've done 50 secs, because I don't know how much people will participate.

If needed, I can cut the solo riff in half... So about 25 secs/each!

+1 for the video

The problem is that if you just chop it in half EVERY solo won't have an ending, and it won't sound very good.

maxime1122

Reaction score
The problem is that if you just chop it in half EVERY solo won't have an ending, and it won't sound very good.

Your told me that you want 30 sec or more? I dont understand, your saying the opposite, now. :hmm:

I said, cut the solo's RIFF in half... Not every solos, lol

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I'd say each person gets 16 measures. I think this is about 120 bpm? So that would be a bit over 30 seconds a person.

Also, can you provide a downloadable version? That will help (at least me) out a lot. I'll include some basic drum loops with my recording, but if someone has something better, that's cool.

maxime1122

Reaction score
I'd say each person gets 16 measures. I think this is about 120 bpm? So that would be a bit over 30 seconds a person.

Also, can you provide a downloadable version? That will help (at least me) out a lot. I'll include some basic drum loops with my recording, but if someone has something better, that's cool.

Yeah, its 120 bpm. Well, if I cut my solo verse in half that will give about 25 secs.

Ill wait before giving a downloadable version... If I cut it or not.

bulldozer1984

VIP Member
Reaction score
I said 30 secs. Doesn't have to be exactly, so I think your 25 secs is perfect. But hey, its ur baby man. Sorry if I pissed u off I was just trying to help u out that's all. :cheers:

maxime1122

Reaction score
I said 30 secs. Doesn't have to be exactly, so I think your 25 secs is perfect. But hey, its ur baby man. Sorry if I pissed u off I was just trying to help u out that's all. :cheers:

No, its fine. I just written riff in uppercase to be clear, thats all. Im not the type of guy that will be pissed easily :)

maxime1122

Reaction score
Well, do you guys think that it is a catchy song, that is easy to jam on?

bulldozer1984

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry just a mis understanding on my part. All I meant to say was u should give us a 25 secs clip to solo too.

The tune is perfect man, good job :cheers:

maxime1122

Reaction score
So, I figured out that for the moment we are 8:

wreckingball
maxime1122
DSL100_Dude
rjtm
lucidspoon
Neylus
bulldozer1984
Papus

-------

kebek?
SmokeyDopey?
Others?

carrots

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. I'm up for this.

A lead singer in a local band told me having 4 band mates is like having 4 wives worse than the one at home.

carrots

Last edited:

maxime1122

Reaction score
Any current news?

Well, I will wait until tomorrow. To know, how much people wanna do that.

Then, I can proceed in recording the "final" guitar rythm to suit the solos length (25 sec or more?).

After that, I think we have a potential person that wanna do the bass lines and then drums, etc.

CaptainZero

Reaction score
I'm kind of late to this one. I'd love to help out, but no time at the moment (maybe a future song). It sounds like fun and the sample sounds cool. I'll be watching this closely.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
After listening to the original recording on a computer instead of my phone, I noticed a few things to keep in mind if the new version of the main riff is going to be the same:

• 1 phrase is 5 measures long. A little strange, but I think it's kind of cool.
  • With phrases of 5 measures, I was wrong in suggesting 12 measures, because it would cut off mid-phrase.
  • 3 phrases (15 measures) would give each person about 30 seconds.
  • Having an odd number of phrases could cause only every other solo to seem to resolve itself, but again, that could be kind of cool.
  • If either 30 seconds ends up being too long, or playing 3 phrases of solo seems too awkward, 2 phrases might be better.

maxime1122

Reaction score
After listening to the original recording on a computer instead of my phone, I noticed a few things to keep in mind if the new version of the main riff is going to be the same:

• 1 phrase is 5 measures long. A little strange, but I think it's kind of cool.
  • With phrases of 5 measures, I was wrong in suggesting 12 measures, because it would cut off mid-phrase.
  • 3 phrases (15 measures) would give each person about 30 seconds.
  • Having an odd number of phrases could cause only every other solo to seem to resolve itself, but again, that could be kind of cool.
  • If either 30 seconds ends up being too long, or playing 3 phrases of solo seems too awkward, 2 phrases might be better.

It would be easy for me to cut it, because I'm doing twice the same thing in the solo's rythm

lucidspoon

Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry. I replied to something you already took out in reference to if I was counting the intro. :lol:

Latest posts