Mashall Q:

• Thread starter rodgp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rodgp

Reaction score
I've had a AVT275 for a few years now and my dad decided to surprise me with a MC412A thinking they can be connected.. I, not knowing how to connect them is needing help to explain... I've read up a little and all this talk to Omhs is confusing me... Hopefully someone can help a poor soul hook my amps together. If not, any suggestions on which head/amp i should pair with the MC412A

Thanks for your time.
Please help :fingersx:

TheShadowNinja

Reaction score
avt275 has two speaker outputs that need to be at 8 ohms each. Plug bother speaker outputs from the amplifier part of your combo into both inputs on the cab. Switch it to stereo 4 ohms. Doing anything different will result in an explosion.

rodgp

Reaction score
On the back of the Cab there is only one jack...
Still kind of confused on how you suggest to hook it up, is there an adapter i may need?

JohnH

Reaction score
You need two jacks on your cab to take each of the stereo channels. Is there really only one jack? the specs on the marshall site state that it can do stereo, at 8 Ohms per channel, which would be fine with your amp.

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=MC Series&pageType=SPECS

Ohms = resistance. Lower Ohms on a speaker will draw more current from your amp. On an amp withe a transistor output stage such as an AVT, if Ohms on the cab are too low, the amp is overstressed and may fail. Above this minimum Ohms, the amp is fine. 8ohms per channel on an AVT275 will be fine. 4 Ohms im not sure about - would need to check the amp specs.

rodgp

Reaction score
Yes the MC cab only has 1 jack, and the label does state 8Ohms but my problem is the AVT275 has 2 8Ohm outputs for each 12". The jack on the cab controls all 4 12"'s. The cab works if i unplug one of the AVT12s and use that output to use the cab, but is there a way to have all 6 12"s working? and not five?

001.jpg

002.jpg

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll have to rewire the speakers in your combo so you can use one plug for both speakers either wired in series or parallel. Then you can use the other out for the other cab.

rodgp

Reaction score
I was afraid of that :S.. I'd rather avoid the rewiring :(

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Get a DSL 100, problem sloved !

More expencive, but better then an AVT. And it works with your cab without rewireing it !

JohnH

Reaction score
Are you sure you have an MC cab? , it sounds more like an MG or AVT cab? - being an 8 Ohm 4x12 with one jack

rodgp

Reaction score
On the sticker under the jack says MC412A 8Ohms . i posted a pic earlier in the thread not sure if you can read it out.

Latest posts