New Charlie Starr Sig LP Junior

• Thread starter wmachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wmachine

Reaction score
I was able to order one of each color. Ebony and dark walnut. Just received the second one now, so I have one of each color. Both are virtually flawless. The dark walnut one came almost perfectly in tune. The feel the same, play the same and sound the same. Very resonant unpluged and a monster plugged in. Nice black leather strap included looks good with both colors. Super nice Custom Shop alligator case too. Sooooo glad they didn't let Murphhy touch them. With the limited production, Ithink the $2k price was right. Sold out in less than one day.
AP1GczNGWimXHMjGXr0epTLXg4VoX4QwiMrEeUQxhcuXDiniPV6Nj8mmoq9cjRLMWm7nRuNWovbzoK_jZM0qKVuHkqizRyeW2zSeh8-avgI_XVb_UzNK9_ZqmP0scL52gP5X94LcXS2ZRfmbHSezPxOedx-JkA=w387-h859-s-no
AP1GczNn6YhlYv0mSkgzlG5j4YGqhmTp4h78tR6taWKifuzPzqV7_FOvvJ0QRC1t_4lClraV4nX-4gYzaO7E5aBi_G7pjRxlHh-Q0OdAoy829a-3TnzaiyBHG7AkEOSNlw9M41npUnK5AqB0swBB_UvnmUD1xw=w387-h859-s-no

AP1GczMEj7a6TS7YdCcHwClE6bABb8T7hosHTjbEwYPnLgYjFAzRBKuEAhjDVwNPie403ZwAArT92w36QGrGeS1U6SS9_-LByyjQjFM1IzATrTW8B1yVg9GsmPhCisSSPo46XqeaSDR8dUjxRqxaB7urs_hz0w=w1908-h859-s-no

AP1GczM53jnsvMF_M-S-sk8BEzh7jV58QOp4Vl2eaPvZSE_IYPZbJR-VLYq3rtsMzgdpcyq9g0M1TKQvA5ym9QgoFNMWQAtN5oTSUPas9-FnxSDeWtryP0hN8-nV5trnV9PDPeEryA3UzhDY5_DzPV2RjOMf0Q=w387-h859-s-no

AP1GczN3Xk5K3mGF5DQt6cutQ9gxCgSITZUGIx6x-8Hg50mUgBsI43LfrG7AbSRbZwENvTlG-y5MTXC5zKYwEpqqXJ8iZgWwSXA6NPOAi6L5TimGCTvhkFNiO8Xg4JxDvU8T_4RQyV8DEQzMrI4n07IMHuNiRA=w1908-h859-s-no

Last edited:

lespaul339

Reaction score
Congrats! Would love to see pics!

I love Charlie Starr. Recently became a big fan of Blackberry Smoke. Was a casual fan before, but saw them live earlier this year, and that made me a big fan. They're a great live band. Also, Charlie has some killer guitars. The whole band does.

wmachine

Reaction score

I love Charlie Starr. Recently became a big fan of Blackberry Smoke. Was a casual fan before, but saw them live earlier this year, and that made me a big fan. They're a great live band. Also, Charlie has some killer guitars. The whole band does.
That's what happens when you see them live!

Kilmister

Reaction score

All I know is he has Haggis old Tele. Wish Haggis was still playing it. I'm a big Four Horsemen fan. And Dave Lizmi the lead player is very underrated and a really nice guy. The Horsemen should have been huge. One of the best shows I ever saw was the Horsemen at the Basement in Dallas right after the first album came out. Saturday night full throttle.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talk Juniors n.... stuff with Charlie now n then .He's a good dude
Looks like the Charlie Junior has a big neck :fingersx: ....a "must" on a proper Junior , for me
I had an '89 Tunematic Junior that I really liked , but the neck profile was a little too slight for my hand.Had to let it go .....although now I wish Id kept i and made a "Lennon" out of it

This is my 2007 Custom Shop Junior. It is the absolute BEST Les Paul I've ever owned .Its supposed to be '57 spec'd .....which to me would mean he pickup is placed just a bit more "north" of the bridge . My '56 has the pickup right up close to the bridge.
The Custom Shop axe has a HUGE neck ,as my other "50s" Custom Shop guitar do. Like it's more exaggerated . My real 56 & 58 have big necks , but the CS guitars are even girthier......which is great for my large geriatric hand

Im curious to know about that bridge . Is it a Badass ....or a "Gibson" Badass .Did Gibson improve on it ?
While it was a great piece of hardware for wraparounds 50yrs ago , I have found 'em to be kind of tone suckers ,as I did with the old Schaller as well. I only figured that ou through A/B-ing ....re-stringing one bridge over another
Thankfully , there are LOTS of killer wraparound options available to us today

I love the walnut finished one .Ive noticed on the few satin finished guitars Ive had ,that they were QUITE resonant .I don't know if that was a result of the finish or what ,but I did notice that

wakjob

Reaction score
Seen them live 6 or 7 times. Truly an amazing live act. Charlie is a super underrated front man, and one hell of a player.

Gotta check this fiddle out.

Latest posts